Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well come may i am shipping out to SC till October. So i figure i should get to thinking what kind of truck i want when i get back (only have one month to shop around). I will have approx $20,000 in pocket and am willing to take out a loan. I just cant decide between a ford or a chevy. Right now i am thinking 99-03 7.3L or 01-05 DuramaxLB7 or LLY (not very interested in dodge). The truck will be used for primary transportation and very lil pulling. It will probaly get modded quite heavy too. I would like desent MPG. I would also like a crew cab long box config. non duelly.

Again any opinion will help out. i dont want to regret buying a truck i dont like.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Well come may i am shipping out to SC till October. So i figure i should get to thinking what kind of truck i want when i get back (only have one month to shop around). I will have approx $20,000 in pocket and am willing to take out a loan. I just cant decide between a ford or a chevy. Right now i am thinking 99-03 7.3L or 01-05 DuramaxLB7 or LLY (not very interested in dodge). The truck will be used for primary transportation and very lil pulling. It will probaly get modded quite heavy too. I would like desent MPG. I would also like a crew cab long box config. non duelly.

Again any opinion will help out. i dont want to regret buying a truck i dont like.
well you started with the right idea,the 7.3L PSD is a excellent engine but the fuel mileage usually hangs around the mid teens,i do have two demaxs and on both i steadily average around 17 to 19 with mostly country driving and some city but if i'm on the highway i have got up to mid 23 as a high runnin empty,stock the best i got on the 2500HD was 18 all highway,you can see in my sig what all is done to the trucks...if you could try to find the 06 with the 6speed auto you will love it,but i do like my 05 with the 5speed but with my tranny upgrade for the 05 i'm getting the 5 to 6speed sun coast conversion kit for it...just my experience.......good luck there keep us posted

1 - 2 of 2 Posts