Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just want to get some opinions/advice about some things. A few months ago i had a cv boot blow and had it replaced. The local shop i use did it for me and recommened i replace my outer tie rods as well as my upper ball joints soon. I've been reading some stuff on here about pitman/idler arms needing to be replaced and that those cognito support kits are a good idea.
My truck is an 06 that i bought used about 5 months ago. It has a 6" pro comp lift on 35's with about 112k on it.I have no idea what, if anything, the previous owner did maintenance wise regarding these parts i've mentioned. My driving is all highway with limited off road. It only goes in the dirt when i go to the track to ride or out to the desert, which is like once a year if that. I was looking at the HD tie rods by kryponite. Do you guys think I should invest in these or should I just stay with some good replacements with some sleeves? If i dont need to spend the money on the HD's I dont want to. Also should I invest in a new pitman/idler arm setup and get that cognito support kit to go with it?
Just lookin to keep my ride rollin nicely down the road but not break the bank if I don't have to. Thanks for any info.
Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
If your trucks lift kit has a UCA drop along with a dropped steering link set up the Cognito Support Kit will not be necessary. Install a good quality pitman and idler arms like Spicer and you'll be good.

Let me know what type of suspension system you have Spindle Lift or UCA Drop.

If you are interested in any parts or need any advice we can surly help.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts