Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to the Duramax world, but have quite a few hours of reading on here. From my research on here it appears that the V2 is for data logging and retrieving the stock programming for use by a tuner. So, I'm thinking that I need to purchase EFI live first and use the V2 to upload my stock configuration to use by a tuner to make my new custom tunes? Also, I have heard that some distributors rent V2's for this or do I have to buy it? The reason I was thinking I needed to do this is because I need the tunes to load after doing my exhaust (DPF delete), EGR delete, and PCV reroute to keep from throwing codes.

Thanks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Some rent them, other do a PCM swap (they send you one, and then you mail yours back).

I prefer having a V2, it is a truly invaluable tool that can diagnose many issues. It isn't necassary in most cases. But alot easier if you have alot of mods planned in the future.

It is all up to End user and your needs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I DO need the V2 (rented or own) to get my stock tunes and send to a tuner then before I can do the other upgrades unless I want lots codes thrown???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I want to use EFI do I need V2 or to rent it in order to get my stock config?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts