Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Looks real nice, for a minute I thought you were putting this on an LMM since this is the LMM section. I had to go back and re-read that it's for a 2015.

Any chance a mod could move this so none of the 07.5-2010 LMM guys try to order one of these?

·
Registered
216 Posts
So did you just do it for the looks or what seeings as though it's non-functional?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Looks real nice, for a minute I thought you were putting this on an LMM since this is the LMM section. I had to go back and re-read that it's for a 2015.

Any chance a mod could move this so none of the 07.5-2010 LMM guys try to order one of these?
I would hope if a LMM guy ordered one they would know it was only to hang on the wall as art ?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I would hope if a LMM guy ordered one they would know it was only to hang on the wall as art ?
You would think, but people make honest mistakes. Like posting this in the wrong section, it might help members with the newer trucks if the thread was moved to that section?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
So did you just do it for the looks or what seeings as though it's non-functional?
I'm making it functional... I'm getting all the parts reordered . The hardest part was getting the correct part numbers. I jumped the gun and ordered parts thats were incorrect. I'll post up parts number when i get everything in.. I'm still debating what air box to use. I'm getting this trucks at my work (work trucks) so I can get under there and see if I can fab an oem air box..

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I just got my 2017 hood last week. I'm hoping to get it painted and installed in the next couple weeks. I listed the part numbers I used in my build thread (link to thread in my signature) hopefully I got the right parts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
looks good ~
I can't wait to order mine when I get some free time

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
TWIN540, wondering if you ever tried to test fit the insulation from the '15' on the '17' hood before you installed the ducting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
TWIN540, wondering if you ever tried to test fit the insulation from the '15' on the '17' hood before you installed the ducting.
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=921874&stc=1&d=1488228617http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=921882&stc=1&d=1488228617http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=921890&stc=1&d=1488228617

Only thing i saw different is the windshield side of the insulation on the 15 has 1" lip that slides into the hood and the 17 only has the black plastic rivet type of holder . You can drill holes to slide in the black plastic rivets.. I think you could use the 15 insulation on the new 17 hood if you are not making hood vent funtional.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
You can also use the weather strip that located at the front of the hood .

·
Registered
995 Posts
TWINS540, Thanks for all the valuable info , I have not even had a chance to see if anybody can get the parts lately been so crazy busy but looking forward to doing it, yours looks really great and your friends GMC does as well !!!

61 - 80 of 177 Posts