Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Humm mines is Strickly for looks, I'm running a s&b intake, I'm thinking about modding the top of the box to get air from the Ram in there...

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
The hardest thing with the cab lights was getting it center.....don't go by the review mirror if you have a LTZ....its not center.....i used masking tape and a tape measure, to make sure mines was center before i drill any holes, have some one stand in front of the truck and watch your hood, grill for an idea where the center is, then used your tape measure and measure both sides, i ran a tape from behind the roof antenna from one end to the other end so the lights will be in line with the rear of the antenna and the front will be offset, i will try and do a write up once i get time, you have to remove the sun visor, pillars (be careful for air bags) Both sides, also center console with switches, i took a feed from my roof middle console (brown wire) is Park lights
Were your lights OEM with square holes?

~the Captain

2016 Chevy 2500Hd, PPEI tuned, CAT back exhaust, 2.5" Zone Level Kit, Moto Metal 970 wheels/Nitto Terra Grapler G2's, Custom Cab lights, LED Fogs, Resonator deleted

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Humm mines is Strickly for looks, I'm running a s&b intake, I'm thinking about modding the top of the box to get air from the Ram in there...
If you can get the weather strip/seal that's located on top of the '17 oem air box I think would make it easier to fab.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with an afe aftermarket air box . Can you post pictures of the 17 airbox? I'm sure it wil help someone else with the decision to fabricate the 17 to work.. I looked everywhere for pics with no luck so i played it safe and went the after market .rohttp://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/images/DuramaxForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_glasses.pngute..
Sure,the air box is the only part i have not recieved yet,but it should be here this coming week.I'm more than sure it's just a bolt in because the fender from my 2015 is the same part number for the 2017 and so are all the little brackets that hold the box to the fender with the ewxception of one or two.If any body needs info or part numbers let me know like i said i'm a GM parts man and have all this info at hand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bigpuddie I bought the recon lights and yes it had the square tabs on it, I didn't want to drill or cut big holes on my roof, so I cut the tabs off so the only holes I drill was the ones for the wire, and screws...the lights fits flush on the roof .....unless you want to cut holes on your roof which I don't recomend...I also cut the connectors off and lengthen the wires.....I fish all 3 wires iin and join them with a quick release connector so I can remove them incase I need to change them out, I also ran them to the middle of the roof console so I don't have to take down the headliner again....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bigpuddie I bought the recon lights and yes it had the square tabs on it, I didn't want to drill or cut big holes on my roof, so I cut the tabs off so the only holes I drill was the ones for the wire, and screws...the lights fits flush on the roof .....unless you want to cut holes on your roof which I don't recomend...I also cut the connectors off and lengthen the wires.....I fish all 3 wires iin and join them with a quick release connector so I can remove them incase I need to change them out, I also ran them to the middle of the roof console so I don't have to take down the headliner again....
Good info as i'll be ordering my lights from Recon also.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Sure,the air box is the only part i have not recieved yet,but it should be here this coming week.I'm more than sure it's just a bolt in because the fender from my 2015 is the same part number for the 2017 and so are all the little brackets that hold the box to the fender with the ewxception of one or two.If any body needs info or part numbers let me know like i said i'm a GM parts man and have all this info at hand.
Only problem I could see in pictures and in person at the dealership was the plumbing after the airbox . The '15 plumbing 90's compared to the '17 that runs straight .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here are some pics of the 2017 Chevy and the 2015 Denali I wasn't sure how to make the 2017 airbox work. The yellow tape is showing where I trimmed about an inch of the top AFE airbox to make it work with the 2017 Hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmmm....you may be right.We don't have a 2017 here at the dealership to look at.210Peter,what airbox do you have and did you notice any difference?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with afe power 54-12322-1 cold air intake found it on amazon for 349.00 I have put on about 10 miles on the truck no big noticeable difference. I could not justify spending on a before and after dyno since I over spent in order the wrong parts from #s I got from earlier posts. I have an extra Chevy Duct if anyone needs one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
rockn69, your truck looks great.

I have a question. I'm getting ready to order a white '17 and noticed the drop at the rear of the hood scoop causes sun reflection back at the windshield. Have you experienced this and if you did, do you have any ideas to mitigate the reflection?

Thanks

·
Registered
995 Posts
You are first guy to mention this that I've seen, I had the Chrome hood vents on my 09 and they were bad I put mat black vinyl on them to kill the glare, maybe a piece of well cut and placed mat white vinyl would work ? easy try and if it doesn't work peel it off. Or tape it off and use wet 1500 sand paper and knock the shine off and polish it if it does not work.

101 - 120 of 177 Posts