Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
bump for those still wondering what air box to use .. Another idea here...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #163

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice mod .. my air box mod came out to about 350ish . Very happy with the outcome.
Am I missing a picture? don't see anything?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the white plastic clips that hold the scoop to the hood? I removed the scoop to Plasti Dip it black and i cracked a few of them taking it off. The GM parts site doesn't yet have the detailed schematic for the 2017's (at least I can't find it). All I have is the part number for the entire scoop (which i think includes the clips) - which is 84183578.

Thanks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Pillar Molding Retainer
$3.23
I think this is the one, I have a set at home but not there and I'm sure you want to get it back on, I ordered the clips and all not knowing they come on the scoop. ask a dealer to run that number and look at the picture. the picture on the GM Parts does not look like it so maybe dealer has a better one. I assume your talking the one with the little arrowhead looking white clip and circular deal that slips into the slot and then they pop into the hood ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pillar Molding Retainer
$3.23
I think this is the one, I have a set at home but not there and I'm sure you want to get it back on, I ordered the clips and all not knowing they come on the scoop. ask a dealer to run that number and look at the picture. the picture on the GM Parts does not look like it so maybe dealer has a better one. I assume your talking the one with the little arrowhead looking white clip and circular deal that slips into the slot and then they pop into the hood ?
Thanks. Those are the ones. Ordered a few today - will pick up Friday and put the scoop back on.

BTW, where did you find the schematic for the '17? The GM Parts site only gives me access to the accessories, not the entire truck for '17. Can pull up '16 though. Weird.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Do you need any part numbers ? Saw this post late..
I would love those part numbers.... Looking to do this mod on my 15' with the full functional vent. Did you order new duramax badging for the sides too?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Also, how much was everyone's paint for the hood? I'm pricing out some shops now....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I looked through this post and kinda got confused as to what parts I need to order. I'm not looking to make the hood functional, aesthetics only. Could someone please post the part numbers I need. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's listed in either this thread or one of the other 17 hood swap threads try the search function it's your friend

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got my 17 hood on. Looks awesome. Scoop to air intake isn’t hooked up yet. Anybody figure this out yet?

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
161 - 177 of 177 Posts