Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm getting ready to order pitman/ idler Arm (with the support kit), tie rods. What ones should I get? Like should I do the gm ones or the moog? I don't do any pulling or racing just wanna beef up the frontend a little. Also I have about 62000 on my truck should I do my stabilizer too?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I prefer Moog tie rods with sleeves, moog pitman/idler, braces arent a must in your application it seems, but wouldnt be a bad idea.

My stabilizer was absolutely toast at 105k miles when I changed it. So up to you on that one, I prob would if your already gonna be in there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got you, thanks! There are a lot of bumpy roads up here just wondering if the brace would help out at all.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I got you, thanks! There are a lot of bumpy roads up here just wondering if the brace would help out at all.
Like I said they wouldn't hurt. but I'm sure they would help longevity some, beefier parts usually work better. It is common issue for pitman/idlers to be toast before they should be.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm planning on ordering the Moog parts soon, they certainly seem to be among the best from what i've researched. Don't think you can go wrong going Moog.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I'm planning on ordering the Moog parts soon, they certainly seem to be among the best from what i've researched. Don't think you can go wrong going Moog.
No and local autoparts store carry them with a lifetime warranty....so even if they do go bad, return for new.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You can't beat the Dmax Store, I have the entire Kryptonite series on my truck. Very stable and very beefy. The Idler support gusset is great as well.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
we have a dmax store set up here in the shop and it is BEEFY. same set up ken has on his truck and i dont see anyone ever breaking it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt thanks for the help! I was lookin at the package deals from dmax store, I'll prob go with one of them. These roads up here kill my front end. Can't wait to get the steering wheel straight and tight again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts