Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I've come to the conclusion that it woulda be alot faster and probably a little cheaper to order tires off the internet. I ordered four Firestone Destination M/T's in 305/70/16 four weeks ago now and nobody knows where they are. If i was to order tires similer to these (Same size) off somewhere on the internet (Need sites), how long would it have taken to get them shipped out to my door in Saskatchewan? Right now, its not a i can get the tires whenever type thing, its the I NEED these tires now situation as i am running one 265/75/16 on the front drivers side corner and my back tires are bald (Not my fault:D).

Whats a good site to order tires from and how long usually do they take to get them shipped out?

Thanks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
not sure about to canadaland....

But i have had great success with discounttire...pretty sure they are a sponsor here too

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't paid for the tires yet, guy told me to pay once the tires show up and i get them mounted.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The tires are usually cheaper on the net, but then you have to get them put on, and that usually eats up what you saved and a little more.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
The tires are usually cheaper on the net, but then you have to get them put on, and that usually eats up what you saved and a little more.
I had to look around also for a shop that actually would put them on too.

Alot of businesses won't do it anymore because of the warranty issues and such.

·
Registered
838 Posts
tire-easy.com has some good prices.:)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tire-Easy.com doesnt look like a bad site. I gave the shop i ordered my tires from a week before i go somewhere else and have to spend $600 or more extra, but being i need the tires now i am willing to spend it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is Firestone on a back order or something? as this guy said these tires could show up later this week or the start of next month:mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 on Discount Tire, I don't know if would be economical to Canada, but I saved a good deal of money on Michelins. Had an issue with one tire, Discount Tire had a replacement out in a couple days. If they give all their customers that kind of customer service, their top-notch.

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
NTWonline.com Great prices, great deals too. Check it out!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
I looked into getting tires off the net in the US too but the damn shipping on them is the killer as well as brokerage and duties. For a better price estamate yu can plug #'s into the site called the final cost. KX wheels in BC may be cheaper for you or 1010tire but shipping again over the gap is gona cost you. In the end for my Goodyear duratracks local with my work discount I was $50 cheaper than any where on the net mounted.

good luck
Phil

·
Registered
895 Posts
another thing I found is to get the internet quote from a Canadian shop in Canadian $$ and take it to a local shop and ask them how close they can come to their price. everything has room to deal ...oh wait except a damn Dyson vacuum LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts