Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience installing an Orion Stage 1 egr delete kit on a '13? Or have some instructions for the kit? I recently purchased one and there were no instructions included. The guy I bought it from emialed me instructions for a Stage 2 kit, which is obviously different. I've looked online but I'm guessing Orion has gone out of business because I can't find anything. Ran into a guy that has a deleted '15 the other day but his setup was different. Called another guy that has a local diesel shop and he tried to help but says my kit sounds different than what he has ever used. Mine came with the pre molded hose that ties the heater core line coming through the firewall to the line going down behind the turbo to the rear engine cover and two plugs with hose clamps. I assume these are for plugging the only two lines left, which are the line coming off the top of the t-stat housing and the line coming off the solid line in the fuel filter housing area (both originally went to the egr cooler of course). I feel like they should be tied together as I've seen in how-to videos with other kits but I'm not sure. My kit didn't come with the long hose to tie them together. Just want to get it right. Tired of not knowing and not getting any answers. If anyone knows but don't want to incriminate yourself just send me a PM. I won't mention your name. Seems like getting info and help has become more difficult since the whole crackdown.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate your response. By plugging the rear port you mean at the rear engine cover? That's what the stage 2 directions say to do and include a plug to do so. How does coolant get to the block if it's done this way? I was under the assumption that the line going to the rear engine cover supplies coolant to the block. But I don't know how the coolant system flows, which is my main problem. The guy I purchased the kit from offered to send a stage 2 kit which I appreciate but A) that's another several days of my truck still in the shop and B) I don't like the idea of removing the above mentioned coolant line.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I am not 100% sure of the coolant flow myself. I know i had a small leak from the rear coolant port behind the turbo to the firewall on the initial delete. The shop that did the S300 kit sent me a pic of that line from the rear coolant port to the firewall that had a slow leak. The S300 kit plugged it and came with that preformed hose from wehlri so no more leak. You said your truck is at the shop, if they dont know what to do I'd be a little skeptical with them working on my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts