Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning.
Just wondering if there is anyone on here from lower mainland (BC/ Chilliwack area)
I don't no remeber the deal with aircare. As I'll be moving back to BC and don't no if my truck will pass out of province inspection. (Alberta to BC)
I have no codes, but I have no muffler, just a cat. Was going to get a exhaust system but thinking i might wait. Do diesels have to have muffler, and cat?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Morning.
Just wondering if there is anyone on here from lower mainland (BC/ Chilliwack area)
I don't no remeber the deal with aircare. As I'll be moving back to BC and don't no if my truck will pass out of province inspection. (Alberta to BC)
I have no codes, but I have no muffler, just a cat. Was going to get a exhaust system but thinking i might wait. Do diesels have to have muffler, and cat?
Thanks

Why in the heck would you want to move down here to the lower mainland Rat Race???? Anyway, Aircare is done as of 2015 so you don't have to worry about it. Even if they were still going to be around they haven't checked exhaust pipes for years now. They just plugged in to the OBD II port and if no codes come up you were good to go and you left $45.00 lighter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol ya I know. Moved for a reason away from there. But things have changed. Chilliwack is the closest I'll go, lol. I'm not worried so much about aircare, as the truck will remain in alberta, so aircare will be voided. I'm just more curious about the out of province inspection.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Registerd in Alberta

·
Registered
498 Posts
Then it doesn't mater , unless ur registering in BC
If you have Alberta plates , IMO it's all good, but I'm not sure 😎

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya it will be getting registerd in BC, can't stand alberta insurance, not to menchin my BC insurance is half the price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ya it will be getting registerd in BC, can't stand alberta insurance, not to menchin my BC insurance is half the price.
Public insurance is profitable, and in the Bring Cash province it is milked by the Gov.
But hey, at least they are not raising the taxes, right?:thumb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts