Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Out with the old, in with the new LML

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  TDIpowered 
#1 ·
Took the plunge and traded my 04.5 lly in on a brand new lml with 25 miles on it. So far love the truck and all the options. Doesn't seem to have as much power as I thought it would. My lly with a 80 hp efi tune definitely felt like it had more power. Hope the truck ends up getting close to the mileage my lly got. The dealer will also be installing the tow mirrors next week.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking truck

Sent from my DROIDX

#6 ·
Thanks guys. The more I drive this truck the more I love it. It does spin the tires pretty good when it spools, its just so smooth and quiet its hard to tell if its as fast as my old truck. I still cant get over all the cool options these trucks have. The back up camera and remote start are probably my favorite. I cant believe how much bigger everything is under this truck than my old duramax. I just broke 100 miles on the truck today driving around town and back roads. The in dash says its averaging 15.

#8 ·
Congrats

#9 ·
love the new truck, i would if it was me take the mud flaps off before the scrath the new paint. mine was like yorus and scrath the piss out of it, you could even see the scrath with them on.
i ended up just taken them off. the wind catches them adn lets them rub the paint

#13 ·
hell yeah, good purchase indeed.. what are your plans for this one?

#14 ·
Thanks guys. The more I drive this truck the more I love it. It does spin the tires pretty good when it spools, its just so smooth and quiet its hard to tell if its as fast as my old truck. I still cant get over all the cool options these trucks have. The back up camera and remote start are probably my favorite. I cant believe how much bigger everything is under this truck than my old duramax. I just broke 100 miles on the truck today driving around town and back roads. The in dash says its averaging 15.
Also the first thing I did was remove the lower chin spoiler and turn the bars up 4 turns.
Awesome rig, definitely the best color! ;) The power is deceiving. Stock mine didn't seem that fast to me for some reason. I was coming out of a '06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. I sold my RRS SC to a friend and ran him with my truck entirely stock and killed him pretty bad. Like you said, the LML is just so smooth it can be hard to tell how quick it is. And just wait 'til you do a full delete and tune. ;)

-TJ

#15 ·
Thanks everyone. Right now my plans are to leave it 100% stock and keep the warranty. I'm sure I will end up tuning it and straight piping it down the road. I have almost 450 miles on it now. I drove 230 miles out of town for work and the in dash said I averaged 21.3 mpg. I'll get more pic when I get the tow mirrors on!

#17 ·
Very nice truck. :thumb

The hard thing to adjust to with new vehicles is the "feel of the road" you had with an older vehicle.

#18 ·
nice truck looks all fancy and new

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.