Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2006 GMC 2500 with the Duramax and automatic transmission with 40.000 miles. My truck runs way to hot when towing and whan I drive with my plow on. I have to slow down or stop to get the guage back down. It will trip the overheat light. It does not lose coolant. I understand that the plow will cause some of the problem however I have had trucks with plows for over 30 years and this different. To me it cant get enough air flow as it does it with the plow on or off and pulling a trailer with out the plow on. Any ideas would be great.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It cools down right away if I stop. When I tow its about 12,000 pounds. Also this is all during the winter months with the ambient temps at 30 degrees or less. I will have to pay attention to the fan to see if it roars. I cant say that I have heard it roar????. It just seems if I tow or have the plow on the system cant cool enough.

1 - 4 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.