Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bled and serviced my power steering cause it was whining. it helped but now my brakes are acting kinda funny. if i step on the brakes slowly it doesnt do it. but if i do it fast my pedal jerks a little and there is a delayed reaction to the brake. did i somehow get air in the brake system? what could it be and how do i fix it? ideas?:help

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Keep flushing I think? I did mine but didn't have that problem.... I used almost a gallon of fluid

·
Registered
672 Posts
No worries...I had the same issue.
Just a little air in the system. It will go away in a day or two.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries...I had the same issue.
Just a little air in the system. It will go away in a day or two.
yea i thought it was air. i hope it goes away. i got a big trip coming and dont want to have problems with my brakes.

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
With that pedal feel appearing after all the foot action with the PS/HB flush, I would suggest to also flush your Brake fluid...how old is it?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With that pedal feel appearing after all the foot action with the PS/HB flush, I would suggest to also flush your Brake fluid...how old is it?

my truck is an 06. i dont know how old the brake fluid is. i was thinking about doing the brake fluid though.

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
Yearly is good, never more than 2 yrs...you may be overdue, I'll bet the Master is full of black/green fluid.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yearly is good, never more than 2 yrs...you may be overdue, I'll bet the Master is full of black/green fluid.
yea im probably due. i thought it would be a good idea. ill look into doing it in the next couple days.

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
This is well worth the $25 to have on hand...makes the chore a breeZe.
Brake Fluid Bleeder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts