Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am new to the diesel world but j came across a steal or what I thought was a steal on an 04 crew cab 4 wheel drive lb7 truck. The problem is I bought it with the p0088 code and it's in limp mode .The ruck had hard surge at idle and sounded awful . Ecm is desired 39-44 mpa and actual was 180mpa maxed out. So I replaced the FPR and the truck will actually idle but still cuts up at times but I still have a p0088 code and still in limp mode desired is still around 39-44 mpa and actual is as low as 150 to 170 mpa . I'm wanting to try a fuel rail pressure sensor. But I'm not sure how to even check to so if the rail pressure sensor is even working correctly any advice and help would be awesome thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Get an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and the torque pro app on your phone and you can read fuel rail psi on your phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolute pressure at idle is 258xx psi and climbs when the you give it fuel to 26106 psi where it tops out . With key on and engine off I have 206 psi . With the FPR unplugged engine off the absolute psi is pegged at 26106 psi. The truck had injectors installed about 2000 miles ago if that. I've checked the balance rate and 2 4 6 are boarder line out and 7 was out . I figure the for us making it do crazy things but I'm starting to wonder if I'm having ecm issue or abad batch of injectors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I've been using my iPhone . Auto correct screwed me. I figured that the FPR was throwing my injector balances out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts