Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The code P0093 is a Large fuel leak. This code is thrown anytime the fuel rail pressure sensor is sending a pressure to the computer that does not match what the computer thinks the pressure should be under the conditions the computer is reading from the other engine sensors.

got that code and have been for a while

started by replacing the fuel filter then replaced the seals in the housing and then replaced the fuel cooler which was leaking

dont know where to go from here truck is still sitting in my drive way unable to drive because of loss of fuel

tomorrow evening I am picking up brass bleeder screws for the housing instead of them plastic ones. Some how air is still getting into my fuel system, I can hear it when I prime it.

I want to do everything I possibly can before I take it to a shop.

If anyone on here is in Berrien County Michigan and could help me in person, it would help a lot more than doing it over the internet.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Still sitting in your driveway because of loss of fuel or because it has this code?
Have you cleared the code? If so does it come back when it's started or when out on the road?
Some say the fprv doesn't go bad on lb7 but it's pretty old, seems like a possibility unless it's a different design than the lly crap spring.

Just some discussion I've found

https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=36803

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Duramax LB7 2001 DTC P0093 Large fuel leak detected.htm

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Yes, The PRV/LVs go bad on LB7-LLY-LBZ-LMM.

The Pressure sensor Must detect at least 1800PSI before input to the ECM/FCM, the CP3 just cannot produce this pressure if the LV is severely leaking.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
If the fprv is hung open a bottle test should be pretty quick and easy

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts