Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is tuned. Been running current tune for over a year with no problems. Going to try to clean my MAF sensor this afternoon. Tried to replace it with a Duralast (couldn't find an AC Delco) and it didn't like that. Gave me 2 more cel codes, so put the original back in. I don't think the turbo is physically stuck, occasionally I can see it sweep (and hear it) from 0-100% on my CTS3. What could be wrong?
Why would a P0103 MAF fault cause my turbo to hold at 35%? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle Computer Gadget Communication Device Output device
Rectangle Cloud Gadget Font Flat panel display

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
When it says circuit high, do you know what that means?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Um, did i miss what truck this is? Miles? Mods? That'd be a good start. If your turbo was giving you fits it would code.
Maf faulty.. eh, its possible. Stock intake/filter i would doubt. usually those K&N oiled filters give the most issue with dirty maf. This sounds like EGR to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. 2015 LML. EfiLive single tune, weight loss, egr whole but unplugged, AirDog lift pump, straight 4" exhaust, stock intake and filter (new filter as well). Been running the street tune for a year with no problems at all.
This just started.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That is odd. I suppose start with a new delco maf if nothing else has changed (try cleaning current first. Make sure its MAF cleaner not carb and choke). Something is telling the system its seeing more air than it should.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna clean it and clear my code before I start it up later this afternoon. Not sure how the MAF is effecting my turbo and why my turbo is being told to hold at 35%. Even driving with the exhaust brake on it doesn't change. But, at a red light occasionally, it'll sweep from 0-100. I can hear it so I know its really sweeping full range. Weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got it figured out. Couldn't find an AC Delco MAF sensor anywhere, not even the dealer could get me one. Found a remanufactured AC Delco at a local parts store and that instantly recovered all my problems. ??? Can't explain it.
100% fixed now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts