Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any insight on these codes from my 05 lly? it goes into a limp mode and these are the codes it is throwing......:confused:

i have read it is the injector plug-ins that my be bad or the harness.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
These codes are telling you that there is a problem with the ECM harness, targeting the #2 and #7 injectors. It's time for the fix. You can do the ice-pick, but in my opinion, that's only temporary. The kit from the dealer to do it right is around $250. I just had mine done 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have done some research on the mitchell 1 site and i have come to the conclusion that this is covered under the 5 year 1000,000 mile warrenty on the powerplant....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dropped the truck off at the dealership, this problem may be covered under the 5 year 100k warranty......will find out friday....

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
time for the injector harness

·
Registered
785 Posts
You may be surprized when they tell you the problem was caused by your mods!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just received a call from my service rep at the dealership. my injector harness is covered under my 5 year 100,000 mile engine warranty and is being fixed as i type this post....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sweet, glad to here they are not going to stick you with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the dealership also waived the $100.00 deductable.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
where did you find info on the harness being cover under warranty? I have an 06 lly completely stock, that is having the same problem and throwing the same codes, but my dealer says only lubricated parts are covered so the wont do it. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where did you find info on the harness being cover under warranty? I have an 06 lly completely stock, that is having the same problem and throwing the same codes, but my dealer says only lubricated parts are covered so the wont do it. Thanks in advance for your help.
if you are having problems with this issue call the gm customer service number and you can get it cleared up with them. i dont have the 1-800 number but i am sure you can google it and find it... i do know for a fact this issue is a warrenty issue, just had mine done at no cost....

·
Registered
784 Posts
should be under emissions warranty

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone heard of a dtc B0299? This is what i found online but have no idea what it means..... Anyone heard of this before?

B0229 Recirculate Position Feedback Circuit Range/Performance HVAC Control Module DTC B0229, B0414, B0424, or B3770

·
Registered
4 Posts
2004.5 GMC 2500 HD Duramax:
Here we go again. January 2005 had P0202 (Injector Circuit Malfunction-Cylinder 2, also P2149 (FICM (fuel injection control module)...New engine wiring harness installed under warranty (32,000 miles)...Doc ID# 1566267.

Today, it is de javu all over again, though MORE THAN 5 years later, 98,000 miles, same doggone P0202 & P2149 codes. Will be interesting what the dealer tells me tomorrow.

Ralph (who is not happy right now)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Warranty question?

if you are having problems with this issue call the gm customer service number and you can get it cleared up with them. i dont have the 1-800 number but i am sure you can google it and find it... i do know for a fact this issue is a warrenty issue, just had mine done at no cost....
I notice that yours is a 2005, mine is a 2004.5 GMC 2500HD Duramax 6.6L, Allison tranny, thus past the 5 years on the warranty, has 98,000 miles, I had exact same codes in January 2005 at 30,000 miles and was under warranty...seems a shame this keeps occurring.

Guess what I was getting to, were you past the 5 year warranty when yours was done at NO Cost to you.

Thanks,

RalphV

·
Registered
4 Posts
2004.5 CODES PO202 & P2149/98,000 miles

Same codes as 2005, new engine wiring harness at that time, this time was 90 degree connectors for both #2 & #7 injectors, also glow plug control module replacement, then should be good to go. Dealer found no chafing on alternator bracket, a good thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to jiffy lube and got oil changed (first mistake) filter came loss and oil went out with out my knowledge. next morning started truck and engine sounded like crap. put oil in and codes came up p0202...p1294 and p2149 what is that? im not a mechanic .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts