Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
P0308 Fault Cylinder H-Misfire Detected (CYL8)

It means that for some reason Cylinder 8 is requiring more fuel than other cylinders to keep crankshaft speed constant

Is that the only code you have?

Do you have the abillity to do a balance test?

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a question. when you get a code that comes up does it show it on your dash were the odometer is or do you have to have something that tells you what a code is? and if thats the case were can i get one?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You have to have a Code reader. You can buy one from a local auto parts store, or most hand held tuners can read codes

·
Registered
303 Posts
i have a question. when you get a code that comes up does it show it on your dash were the odometer is or do you have to have something that tells you what a code is? and if thats the case were can i get one?
No i doesnt. The only thing that will come up is a light that says "Service Engine Soon" or atleast thats what mine says, then you have to have EFI LIVE or PPE or any other programmer that you can go and read the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) codes and once you have that you can go to some of these forums and they have a DTC list that has a good majority of the codes listed and a brief description of the problem.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
He Knew what the code was. I saw it posted on his facebook. Idk If he is asking how to fix it or what?

·
Registered
566 Posts
just another worthless thread from him to get to the top...

farmkis is postwhore youtube-er as sparkz is postwhore to thread starting.

Tommorrow he will start a thread saying his ac is ICE cold.
Just what I was thinking. LOL:drink
Or his coffee is hot.:drink

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just another worthless thread from him to get to the top...

farmkis is postwhore youtube-er as sparkz is postwhore to thread starting.

Tommorrow he will start a thread saying his ac is ICE cold.
Brian this is a serious thread lol. The code came up while I was in town, so I ran into Best Buy and used one of their computers to post this thread in asking for help. I cleared the code with my old superchips programmer, and it hasnt came back up. But the last time I went to Georgia to get retuned, Harley noticed that #8 injector was requiring more fuel. Is the #8 injector going out?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
kinda sounds like a shot injector, can you check your balance rates? it is an LB7 so bad injectors is totally possible

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kinda sounds like a shot injector, can you check your balance rates? it is an LB7 so bad injectors is totally possible
i dont have anything to check my balances with:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Take it to dealership, find someone close with efi, or take it to Harley and have them checked

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Take it to dealership, find someone close with efi, or take it to Harley and have them checked
3 hour drive to Harley's :rolleyes:

I wont worry about unless the light comes on again. I guess all I can do is add injector cleaner and hope for the best since I dont have the tools to check the balances.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts