Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep tripping a p0650 error indicator lamp (MIL) control circuit error, and a p0381 glow plug indicator circuit error. Does anyone know what might be causing this?:confused:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.........

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I'm screwed on the warranty deal. I may just have to buy new ones. I don't think they are that expensive are they?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I can probably handle that:D

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other ideas? Or is that the only one?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same codes so I cleared them and they haven't come back yet never really found the answer.
Hmmm. Every time I clear mine, they come back in a few days. The check engine light goes on and off by itself. When it is off, the tach jumps around, the blinkers don't work, and the a/c compressor doesn't work. Then the check engine light comes on and everthing starts working right. Weird chit.:confused:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The power wire to the lights in my pillar gauges is what is causing it. I moved where I had it spliced in up to the back of the light switch, but it is still doing it.:idkidk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I dont have any pillar guages so I dont think it could be that. This sucks I dont really want to take it to the dealer because I know that would cost me an arm and a leg but I really dont think I could find the problem on my own because I have never read anybody else having the same issues but you and I dont have pillar guages. I guess it is possible it may have had them before I owned it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you ever found the solution to those codes. Mine came back the other day and is doing the same crap again.
Hey did you ever figure out what was causing the problem and how to get it to quit? My buddy is having the same problem with his 03 duramax. The tach is jumping and the P0650 code is showing but no problems with the blinkers and ac compessor. Please get back with me asap.:help:help:help

·
Registered
755 Posts
Pretty sure the 381 code was answered for you & the 650 code is most likely your instrument cluster is going bad. Fix for this is putting in the new upgraded stepper motors.

Some say it is a DIY but for some it may be hard, I believe there is a write up here on how to fix this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pretty sure the 381 code was answered for you & the 650 code is most likely your instrument cluster is going bad. Fix for this is putting in the new upgraded stepper motors.

Some say it is a DIY but for some it may be hard, I believe there is a write up here on how to fix this.
We just had it fixed under GM recall about 8,000 miles ago. Will GM fix it the second:help:help:help time at no cost?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It wasn't the glow plug, it was the glow plug light in the instrument cluster. I thougth I had updated this. Turns out what the real problem was, was the ECM fuse under the hood was getting a bad connection. My mechanic buddy tightened up the prongs the fuse slides in and I haven't had it do it since.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It wasn't the glow plug, it was the glow plug light in the instrument cluster. I thougth I had updated this. Turns out what the real problem was, was the ECM fuse under the hood was getting a bad connection. My mechanic buddy tightened up the prongs the fuse slides in and I haven't had it do it since.
Sounds like the same fix for me. Took it to the dealer again and they said there was a loose connection in the fuse box so they tightened it up and hasn't done it since.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts