Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on my turn signal it blinks fast like a bulbs out and the 3rd break light flashes with the turn signal. But once I press the break the 3rd break light stops flashing with it and the signal slows down to normal. Until I let off the break. Than once I let off of it it does it again. Also when I hit the breaks my turn signal arrows on my cluster lightly turn on. Any help at all would be great im so lost. Thanks

2003 GMC LB7, raptor fass titanium 150, edge insight cts, s&b cold air intake, pro fab intake horn, efi live by duramaxtuner, ccsb, and 5 inch exhaust without a muffler to a 6 inch tip.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. It illuminates the other lights because the power is back feeding looking for a ground.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. It illuminates the other lights because the power is back feeding looking for a ground.

This may sound dumb. But how do you check a ground?

2003 GMC 2500hd lb7, fass 150 titanium, PPE boost valve, 5inch exhaust to a 6inch tip, banks metal IC pipe, S&B air intake, efi live by duramax tuner, and a cts insight

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nope not a dumb question at all. Finding a bad ground can be a real pain.. I think I would start by figuring out where the tail lights get there ground from. May have to pull up a wiring diagram from somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've ran into the same problem after an injector install and FASS lift pump install. My lights and signal work fine with the headlamps off but once I turk them on, that's when my signal lights go crazy. Hope you find the problem, I'm still searching.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like this was my problem. I forgot to hook up the ground strap when I installed my FASS system. You might want to look into that being you have a FASS system as well. Mine works perfect now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.