Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks I've been getting this code "P0571 Brake Switch A Circuit." I've checked a few things and everything seems to be working normal with the brakes. I have all 3 brake lights and can't find any problems. I clear the code and it won't appear again for a few days then it throws the code again.

Can someone please tell me what this really means?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the cruise control, it's not always working.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone...no one?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Subd

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Replace the brake switch-- Many have had problems with it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@jc1843...Okay and thanks! I've searched a few other forums and looks like it is the $20 brake switch by the brake pedal. I'm going to order a new brake switch today and it will be the AC Delco part.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
@jc1843...Okay and thanks! I've searched a few other forums and looks like it is the $20 brake switch by the brake pedal. I'm going to order a new brake switch today and it will be the AC Delco part.
Did that fix it ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
New switch worked for me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes! Worked like a champ!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have another thread open on this but I'm having the same issue. I've checked all fuses, replaced brake switch, all tail light bulbs are good, even the third brake light as well as the chmsl fuse. Keep getting the p0571 code. If I clear the code on my cts 2 and then set the cruise it works as it should. But it as soon as I have to hit the brakes or something the code will return and will not let me use the cruise until I clear the code again.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@hornezach You need to replace the brake switch under the dash at the top of the brake pedal. Once that is replaced, you should have no issues. Here it is on Amazon; AC Delco Brake Switch, this was the one for my truck.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Yeap just did mine and that was it. Like horseback said it's the one at the top of the brake pedal. Not the one at the bottom

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Reactions: BearsZX72
1 - 13 of 13 Posts