Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yep it was bad fuel rail pressure sensor. Hate spending $400 on a part that doesn't make it go any faster

·
Registered
196 Posts
How did you narrow it down to that part? Just for my own future reference.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Well, on the bright side, your stress level will be much lower turning to the right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How did you narrow it down to that part? Just for my own future reference.
I knew there was no way I would figure it out so I took it to a shop where I know the head mechanic. He is an expert in electrical systems and I trust him with any problem. $90 diagnosis fee was well worth it, they spent 5 hours on it lol they said it was a nearly impossible diagnosis

·
Registered
196 Posts
yikes...well I'm glad you got if fixed

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Me too! Has anyone replaced thus before? Is it a bear? I have heard it's not as bad as the fuel regulator but I don't know

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Put the new fuel rail pressure sensor in (which was really easy but you absolutely have to have a crow's foot) and it didn't fix my problem. When I read my codes I had

P0652
P0193
And a new one P2122

And on top of that got an engine overheat alert because my coolant line leaked all my radiator fluid out apparently. I'm tempted to just take it to a mechanic with a good name and say fix it. All I know to do now is pray I don't have a bad ECM. Anyone have some ideas?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Bump I've had my truck in the shop for an entire week and they've just been driving it trying to get it to limp. They've driven it hot, cold, hard, easy. Hasn't limped once. I'm gonna go pick it up and data log with my autocal until it does it. Anyone know if they're gonna make me pay a giant bill just for driving my truck around all week?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts