Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how or if these correlate, but here goes:

A little over a month ago, I was driving uphill and in Drive, when the transmission clunked and loudly went into a lower gear (where it stayed). I pulled over, placed into park and shut off the engine. I let it sit for a minute, then started and put back into drive....again, the truck never got out of the lower gears...even when on level ground or downhill. I limped into the next town and checked the transmission fluid...it seemed low, so I added to it. That seemed to do the trick and I have never had anymore problems in that area.

However, Saturday, I was driving through town when my truck (2002 Duramax 2500HD), started rapidly braking at stop signs. The braking would best be described as a rapid, ABS style pulsing, but with a sound familiar to driving over rumble strips at about 60 mph.

I hooked my tester to the OBD-II port and received two codes:

P0700
P=000

The P0700 is for a TCM...not sure about the P=000.

As I never cleared the codes from the transmission fluid problem, I am quite certain that it is an older code....Again, not sure about the P=000.

My braking problems are now constant, in both forward and reverse. I can go for about 10-50 ft, but then it starts again. I am not getting any codes...or at least none that will show on my cheap tester. I pulled the rear wheels and the brakes look fine....I thought maybe that it might be a ABS sensor (module) or something of that nature, but I cannot seem to locate a sensor on either of the back wheels.

Any Ideas???

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
P0700 is a code from the TCM telling the ECM to turn on the CEL (check engine light) from when you limped your trans a little over a month ago.

P0700 is the code that is thrown anytime you limp your transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts