Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I bought the truck few monts ago during the summer and have had no problems. I have not done any work to this truck at all. Every once in awhile the truck throws the p0700 code and gear ind light wont show up or it say range shift enhibited. Wierd thing is only does it on cool mornings because it has not done it any other times during the day. Any ideas

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Sounds like a NSBU. Is it a LB7? Ive had the same issue the past couple days... i was pressure washing my frame and believe that i got moisture in my Switch... I let it dry out and now it working fine.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Sure helps get good information when you list the vehicle year and any mods. If you fill out the signature under "User CP" at the top, it will show up when you ask a question, or respond to someone.

If the trans is a 5 speed, most likely a NSBU switch. It is attached to the side of the trans shift linkage. If a 6 speed probably not. Recommend you seek out a Allison dealer and purchase from them. Second-- an auto parts store. Dealer last--$$$$$

Thank You, Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great guys here and always ready to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts