Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got around to getting my new tranny in last night. started her up on the lift ran it through the gears and everything was fine.

drove the 20 miles home and everything was still good until i got off the freeway when i threw the CEL

now of course im stuck in 4th.

from my readings its the E-shift valve getting stuck correct? anything i should look for when i drop the pan and valve body tonight?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
finally got around to getting my new tranny in last night. started her up on the lift ran it through the gears and everything was fine.

drove the 20 miles home and everything was still good until i got off the freeway when i threw the CEL

now of course im stuck in 4th.

from my readings its the E-shift valve getting stuck correct? anything i should look for when i drop the pan and valve body tonight?
Look at the E shift valve. It will be the middle valve in the upper half. It will be stuck in the bore. You will need to clean the bore, not sand the valve.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply mike

any advice for cleaning the bore out? or can i just spray her down with carb cleaner?

Ive also heard some rumors of using a thin shim to shim the E shift valve out. I didnt try it because i didnt know how or what it would/wouldnt do. any insight into this?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good, thank you.

I called the guys at Suncoast and got some tips too.

1hr and i can tear into it.. lol

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
valve was for sure stuck.. also found a bunch of small aluminum shavings in the pain..

that cant be good for things.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just curious but did reaming the valve bore remedy your problem? Im popping the same code and cant get it to go away. Ive tore into the VB 4x now. I changed out the pressure manifold and C solenoid but still get the code. Also from what i can tell the valve isnt stuck in the bore at least while the two halves are apart. Im not sure what else to do other than ream the bore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts