Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hey guys,
Just got my PPE in the mail today. I got it from 'LMMFish" on the forum. He had it in his 2008 Dmax and it was put back to stock before he sold it to me. I tried installing it today in mine and when it gets to the "Checking VIN #" or whatever it says it will stay on that screen, almost like its frozen like a computer. I pulled all the fuses as required, removed all accessories fome inside the truck, shut the dome lights and DRL's off. One thing that may or may not be related is that when I bought the truck the guy had a Bully dog in it, and he removed it before he sold me the truck. I have a P1621 that still sets in the ECM. I also had all of my modules updated at the dealer last week and the P1621 is still there. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a note... I don't really care about the code unless that is what may be keeping me from installing the PPE. Mostly just want the PPE to work.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone?...I'm anxious as hell... hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has abyone had problems with their PPE freezing during install at the "checking VIN #'s" screen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.