Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so still trying to figure out what these codes exactly are caused by.

The p16a8 is a glowplug module code which means:

P16A8 GMC - Glow Plug Control Module Temperature - Intake Air Heater Temperature Not Plausible
Possible causes
Faulty Glow Plug Control Module Temperature
Glow Plug Control Module Temperature harness is open or shorted
Glow Plug Control Module Temperature circuit poor electrical connection

Is this more than likely a case of needing replacement? I was also throwing a p166b aswell, which would this cause this code? Obviously related somehow.

Then the 0463 is the one thats got me thinking, is this caused by doing efi live tuning? At least going off the description it sounds like something is calibrated wrong. Im getting this code when the gauge goes dead, its actually good like 75% of the time.

P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i ordered a new intake air heater, and got it today. Might have been a waste of 110$ bucks, we will see.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well replaced the intake air heater, we will see if i have any more issues. Probably wont make any more notes on this until weather cools off in 3 months or so.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What ever happened with your issue. I have exact same codes and fuel gauge going to zero part of the time.
You may need to replace your intake grid heater. I replaced mine, then used a electrical contact paste for the intake brace to the block.

As far as the fuel gauge goes, check the plug on the drivers side frame rail just behind the steering gear box. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in a few times. Or just give it a firm squeeze together. Thats all mine took.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update to my original reply. I have changed the intake heater($115) truck seems happy so far. This is an easy job to do,just disconnect both batteries otherwise you will get to buy a $5 megafuse. Don't ask me how I know this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts