Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep getting a p2228 baro pressure circuit low voltage code happens every so often esp when its warm outside and a change in weather is coming. it will clear itself after a awhile. what could be causing this to happen? has anyone else get this code? my truck is stock.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Didn't you already change the baro sensor? That would be about the only thing that I could think could cause the problem other than bad wiring or a corrupt program in the computer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
p2228

sensor has been changed (and its not cheap)and still codes. even tried the "bad" sensor again same thing. i keep wondering if its something else like an egr or maf? the truck runs fine just keeps coding and ses on.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It could be a maf, but it is pretty expensive to just shotgun that part. You wouldn't have a friend that has the same truck to "test" and see if it fixes it would you?

·
Registered
192 Posts
EFIlive comes to mind here. You can log baro and return baro voltage. It will tell you right away what is going on, if there is an anomoly with the baro circuit. This could also be a corruption of the 5V voltage supply. IOW, a short. But I would get my hands on EFI and start logging baro, boost, maf etc, all the 5V signals.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know its not the same, but my truck was throwing codes after i installed the 6 gun, but the truck was idleing rough before hand. it was a code for a #7 injector (voltage low), something along those lines.. it cost me $.90 to fix(roll of electrical tape) .. the wires to the injector were melted through and shorting out, causing problems with the injector. maybe you have a short somewhere in the wires to the sensor. wouldnt hurt to check, just an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts