Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to church today while climbing a small incline, truck threw a p2265 and lost all power. Luckily I was able to clear it with my insight. After church on the way home, threw the code again. Really glad I was able to clear and reset it again because the truck wouldn't have enough power or speed to climb the hills and get us home. The edge said p2265 is a turbo/supercharger performance issue and Internet says its a water in fuel issue?? What the hell is it??? May have to call dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found the issue. It's in the tuning and a turbo issue. Apparently there is a fine line when there is low throttle input (like I was in cruise both times) and start climbing an incline with higher boost pressures. A sensor kicks the truck into limp mode. New tunes are being written to correct it.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
And that would be why GM doesn't want to pay warranty for work on tuned trucks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't a huge issue. Just inconvenient. Tune was borderline for that parameter and tuner said not all trucks have the issue. Easy fix.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Strange. Mine did it too one evening. Cleared the code the next morning and all has been fine. Worried me a bit tho. It was dis-heartning to loose power like that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, right! Brand new truck and my wife has no idea I'm tuned. She's only been in it a couple of times and it happened to act up with her in it. Lol. It was a great time to show the benefit of the Insight though by clearing the codes. ;) Truck is fine now. I can make it do it now that I know what it is and why it does it. New tunes will be here tomorrow and will fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts