Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pulling my hair out with this one. Been going on for over a month now with the truck (2011) stalls for a split second with service traction control flashing briefly, kicks off the cruise control, then restarts itself. All this happens quickly while driving down the highway. Sometimes the guages act all erratic, sometimes not. Sometimes the truck will just die sitting in a drive thru line or while letting it idle in my driveway to warm it up in the morning. I replaced both batteries 4 days ago. Only code that sometimes appears is the P2510 ECM/PCM. I see many replaced their ECM 's and TCM's only to find it didn't solve the problem.

Now, as of yesterday, in addition to the traction control message, I'm now getting the stabilitrak and service trailer brakes messages. I know it's electrical and will cost me a fortune to leave it at a mechanic, which is no guarantee it'll even be fixed.

There's numerous threads on this similar issue but nobody ever seems to come back to post what fixed it. These are some of the things I've read. Any suggestions?

Replace both batteries (done)

Steering wheel position sensor (nobody ever says if this fixed it)

Actually plug for the steering wheel position sensor (how do I go about replacing just the plug on the wiring harness? )

Various grounds (mine are all clean)

Corrosion/Dirt under fuse box in engine bay (How do I check/clean this? Does the entire fuse block lift up somehow? I don't want to start yanking and destroy something)

Wire harness rubbing on a/c tube in front of the engine (mine isn't rubbed through)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

I know plenty of you have had this issue with your trucks stalling and flashing these errors. Can any of you tell me what fixed it? I'm leaning towards that steering sensor. I'm going to try to locate one to attempt to replace it this weekend but I'd love to hear from any of you that actually solved this issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And thank you in advance! 馃憤

Registered
Is the ABS light on in the dash If so, that means your ABS system has failed, maybe lost ground, and that will automatically give you messages about trailer braking, stabilitrak, traction control, etc and fixing the ABS will take care of those other messages.

Reactions: cfell

Registered
Thanks mate I haven鈥檛 got any abs light on however I have all the others come up randomly it shuts the engine of them fires back up very weird 馃槼

Registered
Jason
See P2510 - Chevrolet Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis

I know you said you cleaned all grounds, just want to be sure you cleaned the ABS module ground. You can lift up the fuse box. Check for corrosion, chewed wires, etc. Also, check the battery to fuse block junction point. If loose, it can cause problems similar to what you are experiencing. See attached.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts