Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally run my PPE on lvl 3 for daily driving, but when I tow my trailer I always go to lvl 2 just to be safe. Everytime I reprogram the truck from lvl 2 to lvl 3 I get a CEL and P2610 ECM/PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Perf code. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I have had the same thing happening to my truck. It's done it twice now and would like to know what it means as well.:help

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just talked to PPE and they said it was normal that the code is throwed because of the ignition being on and the truck not running while tuning it. Not sure if thats BS but thats what they said.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Ok, that makes sense, I never even thought of calling PPE.
Thanks alot.:drink

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine does it too. It worried me the first time it happened but now I just clear it and go on. It's never come on unless the key has been in the run position with out the truck running.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had the same issue. With PPE tune it will randomly come on if i either leave my ignition on for a while or cycle it on and off a few times. Just reset and go with no issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes it is normal. I get the same code once in a while. The dealer ship can update your ECM (remember to put it back to stock first). Really you dont have anything to worrie about. Just clear it and move on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It happened to me also with a Triple Dog programmer. It came on with the load and came on again after I had removed the program. Reloaded the program and it hasn't happened since.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Mine does it when i change tunes on my PPEhot+2.PPE says it's just a programming error and not to worry.I usually just clear it and go!:gearjamin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts