Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the money light on the dash for this transmission code on my LB7. I am no expert but with what I have been able to google, my truck doesn't even have a G solenoid and that started in later years.

My problems started with some haywire behavior and getting hung up in low gear, no gear, third gear. It just depended on it's mood. Local trans shop diagnosed it as the internal harness and a solenoid. These were swapped and within 100 miles the light was back on and this time we were hung in 3rd all the time. Limped back to the shop and found a new solenoid giving the warning. It was changed and still the problem persists but it was a new solenoid this time. The shop thought it was my TCM so I ordered a replacement with my vin number and swapped it out. Now all my shifting problems have gone away but the light is on for this G solenoid.

Is this something as simple as getting the TCM flashed again to fix or do I actually have a problem to worry about?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like from the second link posted there, I was right and there is no G solenoid on the 03 Allison. I called my dealership here in town and asked if they could reflash the TCM with the stock file and they said no. They didn't have the tools or equipment to work on anything older than a 2008 :/

Is that the story from all dealerships or is that just my local shop being picky?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, using my autocal to try and read the TCM I think I have identified the problem. This is not my vin number... and it looks like it goes with an LLY.

Communication Device Mobile device Gadget Font Portable communications device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts