Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda wanting to put a set of smoked cablights on my 04lly. I had a set of Recon's once before, and to me they were just cheap. I had the NNBS LED Smoked ones. Kinda thinking this time I would like to put the style that came on the NBS, the bigger ones.

Was kinda considering the Pacer ones, but I've heard through searching that they sometimes develop condensation under the lens. Is this true?

If so, can anyone recommend some others? Pictures would be awsome of the smoked ones, preferably on a white truck.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would strongly recommend going with oem gm NBS ones. They're led and smoked already, and seal excellent due to their one piece design and gasket underneath. Much better product. I went this route and haven't regretted it since. I love them. just my 0.02 however

here are the part numbers if youre interested so you won't have to search all day and night for them like i did originally lol. let me know if you want any pics or anything. (my rig isnt white which is why i didnt throw any in)

20966093 center strip
20966091 left
20966092 right
15846970 harness

·
Registered
366 Posts
do not buy pacer cab lights. they are very cheap and suck.

I put a set on my old 92 chevy and all of the lenses cracked. On the truck I had now, the cab lights were added. I noticed after i bought it that all the lenses looked like crap and were cracked. Guess what...they were pacer cab lights also.

I went and bought all factory wiring and lenses to put on it. I recommend you do the same.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Lol my passenger side light is now cracked...

but its from smacking the shit out of a tree branch (that i USED to be able to fit under haha) while playing in some mud :neener

can't beat oem quality when it comes to cab lights imo

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't the new GM LED ones if the LED's go bad you have to replace the whole light?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got the smoked ones too, they all work great for me, real easy to install, just gotta measure twice and put a butt load of silicone around all your holes in the roof and they will never leak. Only thing is a couple of them have cracked, but that's because we probably drilled a little more than we needed and the cold made them brittle and cracked, but still no leaks, they all still work, and you can't tell unless you get close to them.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Don't the new GM LED ones if the LED's go bad you have to replace the whole light?
I think so, but am not 100% sure. It's just a risk you have to decide if you want to take or not. To me, after seeing the quality of this setup vs. other setups relying on the durability of an LED is worth it to me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
where can you buy these oem nbs cab lights at?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^ either a gm dealer or gm-parts direct. I chose the latter when ordering mine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
here are my new ones i put on. They are not not smoked but they are pacar hi five chrome teardrop style big rig lights. I like their looks better then all these others and can pop in l.e.d.s if i want to really easily.

Attachments

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
I put LEDs in my stock cab lights. Kinda hard to tell in the picture but it made a huuge difference, they are much brighter. I'd recommend this route

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
should just be 194 bulbs :thumb

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
you can check several places as far as purchasing the bulbs. Recon has a section for replacement LEDs on their website, superbrightleds.com, you can even check ebay (where i usually get mine, not going to lie lol) and also retro-solutions

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I got a set of 5 bulbs on eBay for like 15 bucks. Beware of the cheap LEDs on eBay tho, some die pretty quick
very true.. however the hunt is half the fun sometimes lol. still more feasible than spending 80 bucks on some led bulbs. just my 0.02:rolleyes:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone by chance know what the measurement of placing these lights is? I want them to be pretty much as close to stock as possible. I'm going to go with the ones off the 07.5+ trucks I guess.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone else have any opinions, or pics of the smoked Pacers? I wanna do these lights soon.... and just wanna know what the best all around light is gonna be. I think I want the option of being able to replace the bulbs incase one burns out, rather than having to replace the entire light assembly.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
I have Pacer LED cab lights & iv sealed with silicone & everytime they get wet theres always condensation on the inside of the len(s). Iv sealed the gap all around thats from the roof to the lens & Iv sealed the screws. My friends truck has the GM OEM Cab lights & when his get wet theres never any condensation inside the len(s).
+ the hardware that came with the kit was all cheap quality. Pacer brand = poor quality.
Im not happy with Pacer brand & dont recommended them.

37179d1325829913-putco-cab-lights-cab-light-ds-2.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts