Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just like it says i paid my truck off today about 2 years early :drink how ever i have already been and looked at a 2006 TDI Jetta :help i really dont need another auto loan right now how ever 40 some MPG sure sounds good i must be hopeless i cant stay away from getting another diesel :snapp

·
Registered
595 Posts
Congrats!

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
congratulations

make sure you do some reading on the TDIs so you know what to be on the look out for, all TDI models have there little issues

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man i really want a TDI but i just dont want a payment for a while

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congratulations

make sure you do some reading on the TDIs so you know what to be on the look out for, all TDI models have there little issues
yeah i didn't jump all over this one cause i really want a manual and this one is a auto i keep telling myself they made more than one just hold off

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
i was gonna do the same thing and buy a tdi for daily driving but i decided agaisnt it. when i asked on the tdi forums if i could drive it reliably while making it atleast a little fun they told me i was dreaming. so now i want a bmw 335d :p problem is they are slightly more though not to bad

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Congrats!

VW's are great little cars but they are expensive to work on. The way they are built everything takes forever to get to. At least thats what I hear from the techs at our VW dealership.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i have never worked on any vw's but i guess if i do end up getting one ill burn that bridge when i get there scary i know but im sure i can handle it

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Just got the title for mine last week. Congrats, you are one of the few american's who lives within his means. :drink

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i try to not over extend

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
i was gonna do the same thing and buy a tdi for daily driving but i decided agaisnt it. when i asked on the tdi forums if i could drive it reliably while making it atleast a little fun they told me i was dreaming. so now i want a bmw 335d :p problem is they are slightly more though not to bad
you must have been looking at newer TDIs, 2000-2003 is like a mini 12v cummins

ya, I want a 335d bad

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
It feels great to get one paid off. I have been payment free for almost 2 years. I still get the itch to buy another but think of the 500 bucks a month I am saving now.
Congrats

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
you must have been looking at newer TDIs, 2000-2003 is like a mini 12v cummins

ya, I want a 335d bad
yep i was looking at 06 cause i liked the body style better lol. i know i want one so bad as well and they are so damn hard to find. ive been reading on the bmw forum that bmw is planning to bring a m5 high permormance diesel sedan to the us in the next couple years and i wish i could afford that beast

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congrats man! I'm gonna pay mine off in march and I can't wait, mine will be a year and a half early

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on paying your truck off two years early!
Buying another vehicle that includes a payment because it gets better fuel mileage does not make sense. (cents)
How far can you drive your truck for the additional cost (payment, insurance, maintenance etc.) that a 2nd vehicle would cost?
Drive the truck, forget the VW.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I have a 02 jetta TDI with bigger turbo, injectors, tuning, exhaust, and lowering kit and get 50mpg on a reg basis. Cars a pain in the ass to work on but saves me a ton in fuel. Costs me $200 a month to drive while my truck would cost around $800. 2013 Gm is putting a diesel in the Cruze and I will be looking to purchase a new one in 2014.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts