Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with 15.5 LML have paint chipping and cracking behind back door window on both sides of crew cab? Mine is chipping all the way up the door. From online searches i see that GM knew about an issue with the paint on 14-18 year models. GM is denying me a fix. Truck is a 15.5 year model and paint is chipping off already. Truck is garage kept. Dealership told me they see this a bunch behind back door window and on top of truck right off the windshield. Let me know what you did and if GM fixed your issue.

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Your report is another example of poor paint adhesion/quality on our trucks.

I had corrosion growing from underneath the upper stop/bed light. I took the truck to the dealer. The body shop foreman informs me that just about every 2500/3500 truck that he has seen develops this issue at some point. When I requested a warranty repair, he just laughed.

My truck is obviously a bit older than yours and has never seen salt.

If your case is anything like mine, you are SOL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: After the typical back and forth with dealer about paint issue, the dealer is going to cover 75% of the cost to have the spot on the back door repainted. Dealer said they contacted their GM rep and he made this call to cover most of the cost. Guess I cant complain since truck is 2015.5 with 140k on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts