Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this truck a few months ago. Was washing the truck and noticed about 2-3 ft of the paint chipping on one of the grooves over the driver side roof. The paint was not chipped when I bought the truck. I still have a bumper to bumper warranty. I'm going to call my dealer on monday. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is it the paint or the clearcoat? I have clearcoat that's pealing off from a couple spots around my rear window. Like in the seam behind the glass and around the 3rd brakelight. I'd be interested to know how this turns out. I find it odd on an 07 that's been taken care of.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I had paint peeling on my 2011 on the fenders. There is a rubber piece between the bumper and fender that was rubbing on it causing the paint to peel. Took it to the dealer and they repainted the truck.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine is down to the metal/primer! Whole chips, the size of dimes about 15 of them.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
As long as you still have your bumper to bumper they will repaint it. I have some pics of mine but they arent very clear

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i'll try and post them up this evening

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mine is over the drivers side as well its about an 1"x6" right down one of the roof grooves gives me chills thinking about it! primer is showin and I think I need to address this asap!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about not posting up any photo's forgot. I just got the truck back on friday from the dealership, roof looks like new. Had a dent removed from the pass side rear window where the previous owner jack knifed the gooseneck trailer. figured I would get it done and kill two birds with one stone. my dealership took care of the problem with no issues.

·
Registered
897 Posts
What dealer did you take it to?

·
Registered
984 Posts
YEA which dealer! and Ive asked before whats your rig look like? I work off Ridge Rd at Pall Aero down by the college im sure you've seen my truck lifted white with h2's

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Proper washing and waxing regularly can help prevent this..but bad paint is bad paint no matter how well it is taken care of.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Castriota, Hudson, fl

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YEA which dealer! and Ive asked before whats your rig look like? I work off Ridge Rd at Pall Aero down by the college im sure you've seen my truck lifted white with h2's
I have a white CC/SB 4x4. Looks plain jane, small crappy mirrors with tool box. I live down the street from your work. I work for the power company.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too have clear coat chipping off around the 3rd brake light was this a common problem??

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
not that im aware of i recently just bought the truck and carfax was clean but who knows i guess better the clear than the paint right

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
its where the paint cracks, you cant see it on light colored trucks but black you can, mine had fine cracks that looked like spider webs on the hood and roof, my fiances explorer also black is the same way and hers has a small spot starting like you stated yours did, I had my whole truck repainted, and hers is hittin the shop this spring.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts