Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this? How did u prep chrome and which pieces did u paint.. Any pics? Im in process of doing mine now...

·
Registered
746 Posts
I don't have a High Country but I would imagine it would be the same as my Denali. It's probably ABS plastic grill, I used a pressure washer to remove the chrome. Just need to get an edge started with a razor knife then use the pressure washer to "lift" the chrome off. Pressure washer won't damage the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Painted

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
How did you prep?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
how did you get the headlight bezels off? I'm wanting to get everything painted and it'd be a lot cheaper to peel all the chrome off the plastic pieces and the bumper than to buy everything new primered and then have it painted.

·
Registered
746 Posts
It's gonna look sweet! Post pics when it's back together. IMO you need to get the front covered in a clear bra. Since the chrome is still under the paint it will chip off easily

·
Registered
126 Posts
This HC just got to my local dealership yesterday. I had my sales man send me some pictures. I also have the HC Brownstone like this truck and have been very curious to see how the full color matched front end looked. I'll be painting mine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just finished doing mine on Sunday! This was before I put the little bars back on the grill. The lightbar looks fogged over but its just the plastic protector that I didnt peel off yet lol

And from the picture you can tell the grill isnt fully snapped in yet, oops lol.

I can get some more pictures and do a write up later on if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
hell yeah i'm interested. I was gonna put a 30 behind the grill in addition to my 12 in the bumper but that looks sweet!

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I get off work today I'll make a thread on it. Hopefully I can remember the measurements lol. Trucks 200 miles from me so I'll do the best!

·
Registered
126 Posts
does that color show dirt bad like a white or black truck does? really like this color
It's not terrible, It shows mud like any truck but i'm not too sure on dirt. I'll take a picture in the morning and show you. It hasn't been washed in a week or so and it's been raining almost every day this week.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.