Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anyone relocated the temp prob on the passenger side mirror? I am getting a set of the boost auto parts painted up now, they don't sell the ones for the temp probe. they recommend relocating it to inside behind the glass, or drilling a small hole, but it would then stick down and not be hidden. my truck is a 2019 LTZ. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mines not hidden now.... well it is unless youre looking for it..... i have the black caps..... havent replaced the bottom part yet... but ill just drill a hole, whats your issue?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mines not hidden now.... well it is unless youre looking for it..... i have the black caps..... havent replaced the bottom part yet... but ill just drill a hole, whats your issue?

No issue, just wondering what anyone else had done, I just ended up taping it up inside behind the glass. the factory one has that little indent I liked. keeps it hidden and out of the way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks good! Are you having any issue with the sensor being behind the glass? I wouldn't think so but just curious.

I agree it is very frustrating that NONE of the aftermarket mirrors or caps come with the hole for sensors...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No issues at all with it behind the glass... I ended up prepping and painting my original lower and just installed it cause I am a bone head and couldn't stand that it was taped in the mirror... LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts