Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey do you guys know if Chevy/GM make paint pens or small bottles of the factory paint? I have a ton of rock chips and want to get them filled in. but the colors tan/kinda gold looking and want it to match. Can the dealership get them?

·
Registered
387 Posts
yes they do. Just ask em and it might come with two different tips too.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K. Thanks. does anyone know about how much they cost?

·
Registered
255 Posts
What is an 04 painted white, is it called summit whit? sorry to steal the thread

·
Registered
387 Posts
X2 $10-15 and yes, i believe it is summit white. Verify paint code on driver door and/or dealer would know.

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
my 08 is summit white, my bros 06 is summit white too, not sure about the 04

i will state this for the record, i bought a GM paint pen/brush, from Canadian Tire (Canadian auto/general purpose store chain), that was labeled "Bright White" as opposed to summit white and it worked out to match very nicely!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey no prob on asking what color. In fact im curious what my color is really? I mean its an 04 with "Tan" paint but actually looks like light gold metallic. Anyone know if it is really called "tan"?

·
Registered
387 Posts
sandstone metallic is what you're looking for

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
my 08 is summit white, my bros 06 is summit white too, not sure about the 04

i will state this for the record, i bought a GM paint pen/brush, from Canadian Tire (Canadian auto/general purpose store chain), that was labeled "Bright White" as opposed to summit white and it worked out to match very nicely!
It is the cold weather, makes the whites look the same after all the snow.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
My truck is an 01 and it's color is Olympic white. Got my paint pen at autozone.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think white and other solid colors are a little easier to get at places like Autozone, but I think some of the metallic colors are dealer only.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Maybe, but they had a lot of colors, had it for my dads silvery gold 05 and as far as I could tell, carry almost all the factory colors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
IMO I think it'd be worth getting from the dealer. It'll go a long way, not too pricey, and you know it's right on.

·
Registered
255 Posts
thanks yall!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts