Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find the 08 front grills that are just primer other then the dealer?! and the bumper end cap pieces

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah those would be perfect! Know where to buy them online?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
bad news. they don't fit.

the black matte W/T grille was only offered in the 1500 truck. it's a different size. I looked into it a while ago, which sucks, cause it looks ridiculously awesome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yeah I know already brought one (They told be it was for the 2500) but went home needless to say I was disappointed :mad: I just wanted one to paint red to match the truck without having to to buy a chrome one.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
that sucks man, sorry to hear they lied to you.

you can pick a stock chromer up on ebay for not too bad.

I think that's the route I'm going to end up going. That's all the chrome I have left to remove.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang this sucks not looking forward to taking off the chrome at all... thanks for the help man.. if I randomly found some Ill let you know

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
it's just plastic, should be able to dull it up with some scotchbrite or sandpaper and do some good prep and paint.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i painted my chrome one it worked out ok a few rocks chiped it but its not to bad sorry dont have a pic

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill do the sanding but im no painter Ive tried it before wasnt anything to be proud of but Ill take a pic of it when Im done. Hopefully the red grille will look good its hard to find pics of red duramax for some odd reason they are almost always black

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yea i just painted mine a couple days ago
Used 320g sandpaper til it was super scratched up
and then used semi gloss black engine enamel spray paint
and painted emblem gunmetal grey
My avatar is the pic but with a blue emblem

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Ill do the sanding but im no painter Ive tried it before wasnt anything to be proud of but Ill take a pic of it when Im done. Hopefully the red grille will look good its hard to find pics of red duramax for some odd reason they are almost always black
make friends with a body shop near you. I'm very glad I did. :drink

1 - 12 of 12 Posts