Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 3500 SRW
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a truck with a painted bumper till now. On my previous truck, a ‘16 if you looked at it wrong it would scratch. I’m guessing my ‘19 isn’t much better. What do you guys do if anything to protect the painted front bumper. Also, did they paint over the chrome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No they do not paint over the chrome. You can use 3M paint protection clear film that can cover just about anything you want. Most window tint shops install it. Other than that buy a paint pen to match your GM paint code cause chips are gonna happen, just part of painted parts especially the front.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, 3M clear bra. I have it on my truck for 4 years now.

·
Registered
2019 3500 SRW
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I’ll hit up my tint shop and see about the pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Curious as what they charge to do a front bumper?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I paid $800 to cover bumper, front of the hood and front section of fenders and door edge on 4 doors.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Clear bra works amazing! Just make sure the installer does not cut the film on the bumper, most shops have a printer that will print the film out so no cutting on the truck is necessary.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chevy 2500HD LTZ custom sport
508 Posts
3M is the ticket I got 3M on my truck did the bumper, grille, a bit of the side of the front fenders, there is a strip on the front of the hood and on my side mirrors. Works 100% awesome little pricey but worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts