Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what they originally looked like
ImageUploadedByAG Free1363917709.218887.jpg
Then I scuffed and painted one and this is how it turned out compared to the original
ImageUploadedByAG Free1363917746.801345.jpg
So I decided to sandblast them since I liked the look.bI used duck tape to cover the area I wanted to keep chrome because regular masking tape would blow off otherwise. Then I sandblasted them with fine sand.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1363917834.217941.jpg
And this is during the painting process. And I'm working on my last coat right now and I will post up some picks when I get them put on. I did not use a rattle can. I used actual paint and I didn't add hardener to the paint because it will keep it a little softer so that rocks won't chip it as easily.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
502 Posts
Looks good gives the wheel a different kinda look

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya so I leaned them up to put heaters on them to dry them faster and I noticed they had a couple runs because I don't have the best lighting but for what they are they will still look good and you won't notice it unless your really close to them. Kind of disappointing but I won't be using them much because I have nicer ones on it anyhow I plan on just using these to keep the miles off my good tires. I'll post some pics with them bolted on in a couple hrs

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having a beer waiting for them to dry. Nothing like literally watch paint dry lol
ImageUploadedByAG Free1363920568.203288.jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks great! Good job. And beer is my favorite tool to use on any job!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
657 Posts
Look good man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts