Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just ordered my tow mirrors. and gonna paint them white to match my pickup. i want the smooth surface. what do u have to do and does anyone have pics

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
filler primer will work. my buddy did that on his 1500 and they came out great

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you do paint them post up some before and after pics and a list of what you used if you dont mind. I wanna paint mine but i suck at painting lol. Ray charles could paint my mirriors better than i could

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
filler primer huh. i thought u had to sand them all the way down . i didnt know u could fill it up.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks man. thats a great write up. all i need to know.

·
Registered
532 Posts
bumper primer works great for plastic too

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
That's a good write up. Think I might do the flares on my fenders

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just painted mine a few days ago.. Make sure you use like dish soap because that will get any wax off plus it wont put any back on that may be in your car wash soap. Then go to napa and by a couple of the red scotch brites and scotch brite them down real well. Then i found wax and grease remover worked well before i did that and after. Then why your at napa get some adhesion promoter and then i just sealed mine and painted them and it worked out great. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Discountautomirrors.com

I got the w/o signals for 230.00 shipped

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just painted mine a few days ago.. Make sure you use like dish soap because that will get any wax off plus it wont put any back on that may be in your car wash soap. Then go to napa and by a couple of the red scotch brites and scotch brite them down real well. Then i found wax and grease remover worked well before i did that and after. Then why your at napa get some adhesion promoter and then i just sealed mine and painted them and it worked out great. Hope that helps.

Thanks man for the pointers

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am going to buy tow mirrors to replace my white stock ones. I am going to get them painted, should I buy black textured, I know they'd have to be sanded down, or buy the chrome ones to be painted over being that theyare already smooth?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Buy the textured ones-- harder to paint over chrome-- and make it stick-!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts