Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boom goes the Dynamite
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So thought I noticed some white smoke on the highway when I got on it. Got home no smoke at idle and revved a couple times and normal just a little black smoke did the test how's it look sorry crappy blackberry pic, also thought oil had like a green tint maybe I'm just being paroind what do you guys think

Attachments

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Looks fine, do you have a hard upper radiator hose in the morning before you start it the first time?

·
Boom goes the Dynamite
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope checked two weeks ago willk check again tomorrow tho I put diesel kleen in today tho haven't used any in about a month side affect from that maybe?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Was the engine cold when you saw it?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Looks fine, do you have a hard upper radiator hose in the morning before you start it the first time?
What would it mean if it was hard?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
What would it mean if it was hard?
If your upper radiator hose is hard after the truck has sat overnite and cooled completely down, there is a chance you have a blown head gasket. One symptom can be a little bit of white smoke from the tailpipe on warm up and eventually all the time bc of burning coolant.

And a little bit of white smoke can be from an engine that isn't warmed up yet.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
If your upper radiator hose is hard after the truck has sat overnite and cooled completely down, there is a chance you have a blown head gasket. One symptom can be a little bit of white smoke from the tailpipe on warm up and eventually all the time bc of burning coolant.

And a little bit of white smoke can be from an engine that isn't warmed up yet.
ooo ok. Cool thanks:drink

·
Boom goes the Dynamite
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the upper rad (tHe big one) and it was fine it would squeeze in about half way, I'm thinking I was just being paroind

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It will generally feel like a tennis ball if it's bad.. you'll know lol.

I'd say you're good as well.
If you are still worried about it you can start watching your coolant levels closer to see if any is dissapearing and/or send in your oil for analysis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts