Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here parks in the garage? If so, how tight if a fit is it? Im have to be able to park my wifes acura in the garage also. But i refuse to keep the truck outside over night, I guess im weird like that...

Does anybody have pics of how tight the fit is?

·
Registered
29 Posts
who here parks in the garage? If so, how tight if a fit is it? Im have to be able to park my wifes acura in the garage also. But i refuse to keep the truck outside over night, I guess im weird like that...

Does anybody have pics of how tight the fit is?
My garage is 24' wide and 30' deep. I can fit my Dodge 4door and another small car...and a lot of other junk with no prob. We back both vehicles in.

With my old garage, it was a tighter fit, but it still worked.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
My garage is 24' by 30' also i fit both my truck and the wifes hyundia in the + a bunch of junk!! My doors could be a touch bigger as i only have inches between the mirrors and the roof? My old 98 ex/cab dually used to fit in there also but it was tight in the door also!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Park in a Garage? You don't put running vechiles in the Garage.:) What kind off rednecks are guys?:rof

Mine fits but it is real tight!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, i love this forum. There sense of humor is great. If i were a redneck, i wouldnt be asking about the garage, i would be asking about the front yard lawn. moving on...

My dad mangaed to fit his lifted excursion in his garage plus another car. I measured my garage last night, and decided that it would be a tight fit, but that it would work. My only problem mis that my door to the inside of my ouse is offset, so i will most likely be covering part of he door, but then agin i woont be all the way against it either.

I was just wondering if there was anybody else that parked their rigs inside. A garaged truck, is a happy truck. :rockin

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I can fit mine in my garage....barely. I live in base housing and I only have a one car garage. I have to fold in one mirror to pull in and my antenna hits on the way in. Once in, I have plenty of room....the house I live in was built in the 70s, so the big trucks of today weren't really thought of back then. Here are a couple of pics that I have...maybe you guys can get an idea of the fit. I may have to take a picture of the truck in the garage too.

I have to agree with your comment about a garaged truck.....mine is pretty happy now since it is like -25F outside right now....it is nice to get into a warm vehicle and not have to let it run for a long time to get warm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just personally like the security i get from parking it inside at night. Knowing that im not going to wake up ini the morning with a broken window is the best. o an egg to the paint. My wife parked her car outside one night, and now has a six inch area where the paint is eaten up. Eggs are a pain in the ass. Especially when you dont know about it for a while.

Oh well...I couldnt open the links for the pics, but i know what the base quarters can be like. close fitting...

thanks again guys...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine sits outside, where a truck belongs!

But if i had a garage it would be in it!:rof

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you know whats funny, when i lived with my dad, i parked all my oter vehiclels outside and never thought about it. Bu now that i have a garage, i cant stand the thought of parking my truck outside over night. The day we moved in, i stayed up until almost 1 just trying to clear out the garage so that we could park both of our cars inside that night.

Im lucky right now. All i have is a jeep to park in there, i cant wait until i try to fit a full size pickup in there. should be exciting.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,163 Posts
Mine sits outside, where a truck belongs!

Mine sits outside most of the time i usually only put it in when its bad weather!!! Other than that it takes to long to get it out of the garage when i go on fire calls!!!!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
My truck loves the out doors. I don't wan't to scare it with a garage.... It just won't run right :rolleyes:

I did put my truck in the garage once because it was suppose to hail................ The next day I was at the dealership ordering a new mirror and motor.. Seriously. :rant

I'm lucky enough to live 1000 feet of any main roads on a dirt road and our house is second to the last house there so I dont have to worry about anyone messing with my wheels.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Mine only gets inside when the wife's Sequoia is not there. It fits pretty well as long as you don't want to go around it.
HEEP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Garage?

Mine is in the garage, though it would be nice to leave outside, just that I do not live in an area where there is no risk. The company vehicle, that one always sits outside. Would love to live in a place where outside was okay, as it should be.:help

·
Registered
188 Posts
I live on a farm. We got 3 Garages and the only one it usually sits in is the work one.... Right up on the lift. :( i guess
im just hard on stuff......

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I live at the end of a dead end road as well, but because there is a trailer park up the road full of less than desirable people I installed a security camera on the side of the house that points to the driveway. It has been up for about five years now with no problems thus far...
But if I had a garage I would probably use it...

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
mine stays outside
where it should be
and plus i dont have to wash it then:D

·
Legennn... wait for it...
1,833 Posts
Mine stays in a garage only when it's going to snow a few inches, and that's only because my side of the driveway is the side where we have to push snow. Otherwise, it stays outside. When it's in there, I have juuuuuuuuuust enough room for my truck backed up to the chest freezer and a few inches left for garage door clearance

and then there's the minivan that takes up the other side...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts