Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pics, and describe actions taken (please don't self-incriminate, for your own sake).

Here, I'll go first. Found this winner in front of the Petsmart at the Rockaway Mall in Rockaway, NJ. You can see my truck in the background to the left. Somehow, I was able to park an 8000 lb truck within the lines. Those Hondas sure are unwieldy.

Showed this photo to the store manager and he very enthusiastically copied down the license plate number and called the tow company. Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
Don't have any pics but see this kind of shit all the time or people parking in a handicap space and then jogging in the store and hopping on one of those electric ride on shopping carts.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My favorite one is the person sitting in the fire lane at the entrance to the store while the passenger (or sometimes driver) runs in to grab something. Several times, I have been in and out before they are. If we do something like that, I drop her off at the door, and go sit at the end of the isle and wait on her to come out the door. When I see her, I drive up and she gets it. I hate laze people who sit in the fire lane while others shop. Makes me want to park in front of them and have a buddy park behind them and get out. Wait for them to say something and then bring it up "Well you are doing it so it must be RIGHT".

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't have any pics but see this kind of shit all the time or people parking in a handicap space and then jogging in the store and hopping on one of those electric ride on shopping carts.
The gym I used to work out at, watched a lady get off the treadmill from jogging, run out to her mercedes with a handicap tag, in a handicap spot, run back into the gym and get right back on the treadmill. Entitled beotch

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Post pics, and describe actions taken (please don't self-incriminate, for your own sake).

Here, I'll go first. Found this winner in front of the Petsmart at the Rockaway Mall in Rockaway, NJ. You can see my truck in the background to the left. Somehow, I was able to park an 8000 lb truck within the lines. Those Hondas sure are unwieldy.

Showed this photo to the store manager and he very enthusiastically copied down the license plate number and called the tow company. Merry Christmas!

Was it really necessary to complain to the store manager enough to get the guy's car towed? Sure hope I don't run into dicks like you when I'm working out there next year.

Reactions: FAIRCHASE

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was it really necessary to complain to the store manager enough to get the guy's car towed? Sure hope I don't run into dicks like you when I'm working out there next year.
Actions precipitate consequences.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Accord needs towing. One dick deserves another.

Slam full parking lot and they are taking up 2 spaces towards the store side of the lot. Just rude and selfish. If my 70+ year old mother can't park beside them, I will nicely let them know if I see the driver. My big 4 door truck fits in a spot or I find another. Sometimes, it fits right on the line beside their drivers door if it is obvious they were not forced over by another dick. Maybe they will realize that it does matter how you park if they have to wait for me.
I bet they blocked the left lane on their way to go shopping.

However, I sometimes take up lots of spaces if I need to park with my 24 ft trailer. You will find me on the edge of the parking lot and out of the way.

Reactions: mray and jdwarren

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Big unwieldy assumptions.
What if the lot was full, and the only space left (partial) was to squeeze in where they did.

Then, the other cars that parked squirrelly left....before you showed up on the scene....and got it towed. 'dunno;

In this pic, that was not the case.
This is clearly an example of Go Home and practice....or a death wish, can't decide which. ;taz

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Big unwieldy assumptions.
What if the lot was full, and the only space left (partial) was to squeeze in where they did.

Then, the other cars that parked squirrelly left....before you showed up on the scene....and got it towed. 'dunno;
No assumptions whatsoever.

My wife and I parked in that lot so she could pick up a hair dryer from a beauty supply store, and while she was doing that I went into Starbucks to grab a coffee (okay, I admit it -- it was a white chocolate mocha). As I was walking toward the store I saw the Honda in question; its engine was running and a person was sitting in the driver seat. The lot was absolutely stacked with Christmas shoppers. I figured he/she was waiting for someone/something (perhaps to load a large piece of cargo into the back seat) and thought little of it. But on my way back from Starbucks I found the car had been left occupying the two spaces (as shown in the picture) with no one inside.

This sort of behavior is unacceptable and the only legal recourse we have is to notify the proper authorities so that the vehicle can be towed. People who don't want their vehicles towed can simply play (and park) by the rules. It's really not that complicated.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
There's something else wrong in this picture that says this guy is a total asstard. Look at all the rest of the surrounding vehicles and the parking spots they sit in. They grey Ram is clean and so is the parking spot, they grey vehicle in front of the ram is clean, the green honda, the white Dmax and the white vehicle parked behind it are all clean and so are their parking spots. This thing looks like it sneezed whale snot all over the place!!
In a previous post it was mentioned about sitting in a fire lane,... I have to say I'm guilty of that. However, I rarely do it and I'll only sit there if the lot is really full and I can't see the doors from the end of the parking lot. And she is in and out within a few minutes, I don't sit there while she goes in and shops forever. Also, I will sit at the end of the fire lane at the end of the building and not up close to the doors so I'm not blocking other people from dropping off or having to load their goodies.
Yup, if I have a trailer hooked up, I'll park way out in BFE and take up a few spots because I have to. So, I guess I'm a courteous asshole. LOL!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm really surprised that they someone even had to tell the store manager about the Honda, around here the tow companies have contracts with the big merchants and will tow a unattended vehicle taking up more than one space. As soon as the holiday season starts in mid November the only time you don't see a tow truck on one of those lots is if they already have one on the hook and are going to drop it off at the yard otherwise they are there trolling for tards that don't know how to park. As far as I'm concerned play stupid games earn stupid prizes. Minimum tow bill here from a private lot is $285 and I think the merchants get a cut of that too. I have also seen those tow trucks do lock-out service and jump cars for free too, it all just depends on how the contract is setup.

Reactions: JONPTR and jdwarren

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's something else wrong in this picture that says this guy is a total asstard. Look at all the rest of the surrounding vehicles and the parking spots they sit in. They grey Ram is clean and so is the parking spot, they grey vehicle in front of the ram is clean, the green honda, the white Dmax and the white vehicle parked behind it are all clean and so are their parking spots. This thing looks like it sneezed whale snot all over the place!!
I just noticed that too. You can see there's actually snow ON the Honda's windshield too. The kind of assholes who double park are the same kind of assholes who clear snow off only enough of their windshields to be able to see out of their vehicles and take off down the highway, their cars looking like a miniature retard-comet obscuring the roadway and endangering all other travelers due to the decreased visibility. Since I saw the vehicle idling there when I went into Starbucks, I think what probably happened is the snow/ice began to melt while his car was sitting there and fell onto the ground around it. Who knows; I'm sure the rest of it melted by the time he got it out of impound.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Those idiots you speak of that can't clear the snow off their vehicles, I kinda laugh because they look like Squidward's head driving down the road!

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Still assuming.
You didn't see who or what exited the vehicle while it had a driver on idle, just made an assumption they were using it as a potential loading zone. Might of been, it's common.
You didn't see the driver park and leave it where you found it.

Endless scenarios imagined;
What if the driver or occupant needed a handicap space, and they were all full?
Let their crippled Parent/spouse exit close to the door, idling and waiting for a Blue spot to become available.

What if,....finally needing to park (perhaps their incontinence condition would no longer allow them to wait?), they did the only thing possible at that point (since the fire zone IS a potential tow-away zone) and parked where you found it, needing the extra room on the side to either exit, or anticipating the needed space to help their disabled rider get back in?

What if they weren't old lazy selfish slobs....but a Veteran with a new prosthesis they haven't fully learned to walk with yet?

It's not condemnation, I'm just trying to inspire thoughts/reflections, in pointing out about easy assumptions made. I've done it too.

And then felt the shame when I saw...the rest of the story.

Every hour of my days, I deal with pain management. I park on the outskirts where I fit...and walk the distance. I could probably qualify for a Blue sticker, but I won't. I'm not ready for that, I'll crawl first.
There are Vets out there in far worse condition than I.

Also....although it sounds good (that'll show 'em!), they didn't tow anyone.
State laws govern how and when that can legally be done.
Mainly, proper signage needs to be displayed....and it's highly unlikely you'd ever find such in a parking mall.
A single bar/restaurant/Night club lot, yes. But even then, they can't tow one on two spots.
Blocking an aisle/lane, yes.
Fire zone, no....not their jurisdiction. That's a Fire Marshall affair.

Now I've gone all Downer on the 1st day of the year...on what's supposed to be a Funny thread. :frown2:
Sry

1 - 20 of 126 Posts