Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
FAIR WARNING TO ALL!!!!! I drive a tow truck part-time and our company has contracts that allow the truck drivers to peruse parking lots in malls and apartment complexes searching for miscreant parkers. Snag 'em all the time. The owners are always irate till we show them the photos of their incompetence then they back off. Very rarely do we get the elderly or handicapped. I think the reason for that is these people are intrinsically considerate. The preponderance of violators are either obviously stupid or the overtly entitled, which there are plenty of here in the Monterey Bay area. I have no sympathy for these dbags. I drive a dually and have to find adequate parking space all the time so as not to impact others. My point is that if we're out there looking, so are other tow companies. Please don't let your wife/GF/mom fail and get caught. Out here it's $415 to get your ride out of prison. Even out here that's an unexpected chunk of change.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Was it really necessary to complain to the store manager enough to get the guy's car towed? Sure hope I don't run into dicks like you when I'm working out there next year.

I know this is an old post, but i gotta say.... yes. When every car but one is parked correctly, its highly unlikely that its any fault but the person who parked like that.

Big unwieldy assumptions.
What if the lot was full, and the only space left (partial) was to squeeze in where they did.

Then, the other cars that parked squirrelly left....before you showed up on the scene....and got it towed. 'dunno;

In this pic, that was not the case.
This is clearly an example of Go Home and practice....or a death wish, can't decide which. ;taz

What do you expect outside a horrible freight? >:)

New Hope, PA. By the Bucks County Playhouse. This disaster appears to begin from the left with the white BMW. Cascading fail.

Hey.... at least they created a space from thin air instead of double parking lol.

'Tis the season to park like a complete asshole and screw over the next poor bastard who needs to park at the park and ride lot in order to catch the slave ship into the city for yet another day of indentured servitude. At Wayne Transit Center.

Yeah, that shitty smashed up Hyundai on the left is mine, as is the friendly note left under this moron's back windshield wiper.

:thumb

reminds me of the 2 jeep guys that blocked in some clown at a best buy who parked like crap.

I usually park within the lines, but there's times when the lines are just too short.
I find that our lines here are a little short. some part of my truck will hang outside the lines, and its not even a long box. However, all 4 tires are evenly inside the sides of the line so you can park next to me because im not an animal.

I feel like if i can back in a 8000 pound truck in 4x4 drive and make it in the middle of the lines, that people should at least be able to park diagonally in diagonal parking, and straight in straight parking. Not asking a lot here people.

I dont have a problem with people parking on a line because they dont want there car getting dinged up.... not sure what a 03 honda has to be worried about, but to each there own. However, if you are going to park like a diva, do it at the back end of the lot so the rest of the normal people can go about there day without you impacting it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
FAIR WARNING TO ALL!!!!! I drive a tow truck part-time and our company has contracts that allow the truck drivers to peruse parking lots in malls and apartment complexes searching for miscreant parkers. Snag 'em all the time. The owners are always irate till we show them the photos of their incompetence then they back off. Very rarely do we get the elderly or handicapped. I think the reason for that is these people are intrinsically considerate. The preponderance of violators are either obviously stupid or the overtly entitled, which there are plenty of here in the Monterey Bay area. I have no sympathy for these dbags. I drive a dually and have to find adequate parking space all the time so as not to impact others. My point is that if we're out there looking, so are other tow companies. Please don't let your wife/GF/mom fail and get caught. Out here it's $415 to get your ride out of prison. Even out here that's an unexpected chunk of change.
Time to raise the stakes. Double parked? Here's the solution:

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts

What do you expect outside a horrible freight? >:)
Actually, that's over next door....this was in front of Big Lots. :teehee

But look down that yellow line, how did that white dually park so incredibly perfect, between the lines? :howdy

Reactions: JimmyD and jdwarren

·
Premium Member
234 Posts

Actually, that's over next door....this was in front of Big Lots. :teehee

But look down that yellow line, how did that white dually park so incredibly perfect, between the lines? :howdy
The same way I parallel park my ECLB service body 6" from the curb. Skill & courtesy. marx

I've sat and watched people, many times, trying to parallel park the roller skate they're driving, shocked at how much they suck at it before giving up and parking at a 45° angle, 2' from the curb.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Never understood much, the required parallel parking of a truck/trailer for the CDL test.
(I aced it, 1st try)

Where exactly is it, anywhere in the Country, that truck/trailer combos parallel park?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm posting this one up simply because both of the asshat FedEx drivers thought that it was OK to occupy the only two handicap parking spaces in front of the FedEx store. And yes, there was plenty of room in the lot for them, it was just more convenient to take up the space closest to the store (oh yeah, that's why they put the handicap spaces there).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
As amusing as it is the two Jeeps that are messing with the guy is a totally Stage production. They have another video on the web. And you can actually see the car occupant sitting on the sidewalk watching before he then approaches his vehicle. But it's still funny

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
This was at Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills, Mi yesterday. The guy with the brand new Traverse obviously doesnt have to worry about getting a door ding from this a$$bag! Lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
The gym I used to work out at, watched a lady get off the treadmill from jogging, run out to her mercedes with a handicap tag, in a handicap spot, run back into the gym and get right back on the treadmill. Entitled beotch
Give her a break because she probably was handicapped just not physically.

·
Registered
70 Posts
parking

Still assuming.
You didn't see who or what exited the vehicle while it had a driver on idle, just made an assumption they were using it as a potential loading zone. Might of been, it's common.
You didn't see the driver park and leave it where you found it.

Endless scenarios imagined;
What if the driver or occupant needed a handicap space, and they were all full?
Let their crippled Parent/spouse exit close to the door, idling and waiting for a Blue spot to become available.

What if,....finally needing to park (perhaps their incontinence condition would no longer allow them to wait?), they did the only thing possible at that point (since the fire zone IS a potential tow-away zone) and parked where you found it, needing the extra room on the side to either exit, or anticipating the needed space to help their disabled rider get back in?

What if they weren't old lazy selfish slobs....but a Veteran with a new prosthesis they haven't fully learned to walk with yet?

It's not condemnation, I'm just trying to inspire thoughts/reflections, in pointing out about easy assumptions made. I've done it too.

And then felt the shame when I saw...the rest of the story.

Every hour of my days, I deal with pain management. I park on the outskirts where I fit...and walk the distance. I could probably qualify for a Blue sticker, but I won't. I'm not ready for that, I'll crawl first.
There are Vets out there in far worse condition than I.

Also....although it sounds good (that'll show 'em!), they didn't tow anyone.
State laws govern how and when that can legally be done.
Mainly, proper signage needs to be displayed....and it's highly unlikely you'd ever find such in a parking mall.
A single bar/restaurant/Night club lot, yes. But even then, they can't tow one on two spots.
Blocking an aisle/lane, yes.
Fire zone, no....not their jurisdiction. That's a Fire Marshall affair.

Now I've gone all Downer on the 1st day of the year...on what's supposed to be a Funny thread. :frown2:
Sry
If is one of those words that provoke thought, I've always thought that IF my Aunt had Balls She'd be my Uncle.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
sometimes ya gotta wonder What were they thinking:

and the last two were the same truck. I was left wondering why he was trying to protect it

Attachments

Reactions: jdwarren

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Here's a bigger annoyance. People too damn lazy to return carts to the corrals. Welcome to NJ.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
^^This is one of my biggest heartburns at any store.^^

This issue is far reaching beyond NJ.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
^^This is one of my biggest heartburns at any store.^^

This issue is far reaching beyond NJ.
Oh I'm sure it is everywhere, however I've noticed it is way more prevalent out here than at home. Probably just because there's a higher population.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts