Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have currently had my engine rebuilt and i took apart my valve covers to clean up and paint. when i took them apart i removed the pcv diaphragm on top of the valve covers and the rubber was kind of ripped. i need to find replacement rubber diaphragm. wondering if anyone had found them with out having to replace the entire valve cover

thanks Harrison

07 classic lbz

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm in the same boat.. I thought for some reason the overhaul gasket kit would've had them. but just discovered I was wrong..

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did a search on google to see what I could find. I found a part number for the entire PCV rebuild on the valve covers from GM. Part No:97386600. According to the side it comes with the bolt, clamp, cover, gasket, grommet, seal, separator, tube, and valve. Might be worth looking into. Hopefully this helps! :thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for the information. I think I might have two diaphragms for an lly I bought incase I needed the block for my build.

Wonder if they're necessary for an engine that has the pcv valves rerouted, or what the affects are of running without the diaphragms? ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pcs valve diaphragm removal

nally Chevrolet selling them for $17.00 a piece I bought two for my rebuild but just removed due to high blow by since I'm running twins and creating 70 pounds of boost. So far it stop my rear main from leaking from over pressure in crank case. Ran pcs hoses to a Mr gasket crank case evacuation system like I used to use on my gassed drag car. So far so good.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Mine is not vented to the atmosphere (re-route) I have a catch can, I doubt with the re-route the crankcase gases are being evacuated properly without the suction/vacuum created at the turbocharger mouthpiece. In other words you relying on crankcase pressure to push the PCV springs open.

I might just remove the springs and cut the center section from the diaphragms, probably not a bad idea if venting to the atmosphere. I have a set of LMM valve covers I need to pull apart to verify operation of the diaphragm and spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.