Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Pcv ?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  werewolf 
#1 ·
When doing the PCV reroute, does it matter how you hook the hose to the tee fitting? When I did mine my friend hooked it up so that bottom of the tee (the vertical part) goes to the passenger side valve, the top right part of the tee goes to the driver side valve, and the top left runs down to the frame. I hope how I explained this makes sense... Assuming you are standing in of the truck and the tee fitting is upright (T).

#3 ·
The thing I am wondering is if it is okay to have the bottom of the tee heading toward the valve, for draining purposes. I followed the directions and it didn't really say...
I am not worried about what side of the truck it is on, I'm only asking about how you hook the hose up to the tee fitting.

#4 ·
What is coming out is mostly vapor, yeah there is some liquid that may accumulate in the hose and drain back after shutdown. I don't think what can accumulate in the 5-7" of hose I used will raise an issue. Let's see what others say.

#5 ·
I did mine different and haven't ran into issues yet. I came off the drivers side with a short piece, ran it to the passenger side and down the rail. The piece coming off my passenger side crank case is at most 5", I have the tee running straight up and down with the angle pointing toward the cab of the truck, if that makes any sense. May be similar to the way you described with the tee running a little different. I'll try to put up a pic a little later if you think that will help.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.