Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Reactions: viper8315

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put in Peak Platinum and about 6-700 miles after, I got warnings twice for "DEF poor quality, 98mi to 65mph max speed". The warnings went off less than a minute after they appeared. I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but the truck hasn't done this before using regular Peak def.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The common theme here is..... Cheap Wal mart DEF is reasonably the best solution, causes the least to no problems, by virtual store usage volume, is always fresh and readily available. Used it in 3 consecutive Diesel vehicles now over hundreds of thousands of miles, and never had a DEF related error....
Wal mart can muscle any market they want too, and like Super Tech products, are probably produced right on the same line as regular "Peak DEF" or any other brand name. BTW I do use SuperTech on things like Differential fluid, Transfer case Fluid Etc. Never a Hint of a problem.....

Reactions: ADE

·
Registered
2019 3500HD 4x4 Cclb, Banks Intake, AG Diesel Module
869 Posts
The common theme here is..... Cheap Wal mart DEF is reasonably the best solution, causes the least to no problems, by virtual store usage volume, is always fresh and readily available. Used it in 3 consecutive Diesel vehicles now over hundreds of thousands of miles, and never had a DEF related error....
Wal mart can muscle any market they want too, and like Super Tech products, are probably produced right on the same line as regular "Peak DEF" or any other brand name. BTW I do use SuperTech on things like Differential fluid, Transfer case Fluid Etc. Never a Hint of a problem.....
But then you have to go to Walmart, which in itself is a minus.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which forums? I haven't seen anyone complaining about the product. Lots of people poo pooing it, but no problems...can you mention them? I would like to see what they have to say.
I can be one of those with problems... 2021 Denali 2500. 6000 miles on it. Flawless miles as far as DEF systems go... Noticed "3 bars" so went to Advance Auto and saw the Platinum DEF so I got 2. Since I put 5 gallons into a nearly empty tank, My truck now operates in a very haphazardly manner. On startup it either shows near-full, just over half, empty going into "limp mode" with the annoying error screen that you cannot get rid of...Only difference is the DEF I used (Platinum Def) and 3k miles of all highway to/from work miles. If I had to say something about Platinum DEF, it would be dont bother with it if your stuff is working just fine.

Cheers
D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Seems some trucks are finicky with it. Though others on other forums are having no issues with it. Still using it myself with no issues.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
1,789 Posts
Seems some trucks are finicky with it. Though others on other forums are having no issues with it. Still using it myself with no issues.
Curious if this panther piss will kill weeds in my yard, I have a jug that’s well passed expired lol what to do with it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Good fertilizer

Reactions: bigdave_185

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
DEF is a purified form of liquified Urea and water.
Urea is a commonly used source of nitrogen fertilizer.

In the correct amount it will green up your lawn.
If applied to heavy it will kill your lawn.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can be one of those with problems... 2021 Denali 2500. 6000 miles on it. Flawless miles as far as DEF systems go... Noticed "3 bars" so went to Advance Auto and saw the Platinum DEF so I got 2. Since I put 5 gallons into a nearly empty tank, My truck now operates in a very haphazardly manner. On startup it either shows near-full, just over half, empty going into "limp mode" with the annoying error screen that you cannot get rid of...Only difference is the DEF I used (Platinum Def) and 3k miles of all highway to/from work miles. If I had to say something about Platinum DEF, it would be dont bother with it if your stuff is working just fine.

Cheers
D
Final update from me regarding Platinum DEF... drive to Chicago and back to virginia and while travelling, I continued to put in non-Platinum DEF and the weirdness started to subside, now I have 10,000 miles and havent had an "event" in over 1000 miles so I will attribute it to the Plat Def. It could have been that one container, that "batch number" or a host of other things. As a simple man, if I get sick at a restaurant, I probably wont eat there ever again... life's too short to keep trying that same restaurant when there are so many other choices out there that havent made you sick... just saying.

Cheers
D

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
@Darth , yup, pretty much spot on with what other people have dealt with. Yes, some people use it, and everything is fine. Good analogy though, once you get sick at a place, you just can't go back. For whatever it's worth, it would appear that the 20+ trucks are a bit more sensitive to it. Post #33 told me everything though on why it does cause issues. It appears to be a little cloudy even brand new... All credit goes to FreedomOne...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I need to check the batches I have now. Hell I could have gotten some bad stuff, but still no issues. There are a couple folks on other forums pulling the Def Injector and comparing the build up of normal Def and platinum with significantly less buildup using platinum.

·
Registered
95 Posts
fill up with Walmart DEF before our trip; pulled over when it said I would soon be speed limited; 2562 miles on a tank of DEF, 13.3 MPG, 48 average MPH, approximately 13,750 total weight of Truck Camper & Truck…. Over 63,000 miles on Walmart DEF & NO Codes…

·
Registered
125 Posts
fill up with Walmart DEF before our trip; pulled over when it said I would soon be speed limited; 2562 miles on a tank of DEF, 13.3 MPG, 48 average MPH, approximately 13,750 total weight of Truck Camper & Truck…. Over 63,000 miles on Walmart DEF & NO Codes…
Again... This is all you need to know, unless you are willing to deal with it at crusty pumps.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
My local Walmart has been out, while shopping in the next town found 6 on the shelf at that Walmart. $11.53. With a good born on date Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just got 4 DEF Jugs at DeFuniak Springs, FL Walmart for $11.38… A month ago it was around $6.88…. They had more on the shelves…. Was able to fill my DEF Tank & have enough for the return trip to Tuolumne County, CA….

·
Super Moderator
1,724 Posts
Florida to California, dam man, talk about a road trip. Safe travels...

61 - 80 of 80 Posts